Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Engine Management

Old 01-30-2007, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, well i am in the midst of piecing together my turbo system, and i have to make a decision as to what to use for an engine management system. I have narrowed down to 2 choices either the GReddy e-Manage Ultimate or the Haltech E6X. I plan on running a single fuel rail with 590cc injectors, also with low compression pistons. I know the Haltech is a bit more money, but i am not concerned with money for this purchase. so i am wondering what your guys thoughts are on each and what has been your experiences with them.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:24 AM

Vehicle: Had 96 Elantra Wagon

Haltech is a true Standalone where the E Manage is a bandaid, so there is really no question there. Haltech and done.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:51 AM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

tim what are you running for management?
Old 01-30-2007, 10:01 AM

Haltech E6K
Old 01-30-2007, 11:08 AM

How hard is the Haltech on initial install and set up to get the car running enough to start tuning it?
Old 01-30-2007, 11:11 AM

Very simple, plus I can provide you with all the initial setup.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:17 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Haltech, no doubt.

Ask nate (socks) if you want clarification. cool.gif
Old 01-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Banned

alright, haltech would be the way to go if you want to go standalone. heres why i recommend emanage to everyone that asks.. you will never really need the powers of the haltech. the cost in the end for both will be about the same..

the emanage ultimate has about 2X the options and fine tuning that the emanage blue has. basically unless you plan on boosting upwards of 500whp very unnecessary.

i would recommend to the basic boost setup, the emanage blue, with the profec e-01 and the fuel spacer.. the setup is really simple, and EXTREMELY user friendly. anyone can tune with the program, and you dont have to mess with ANY of your stock fuel maps. so until you hit boost, you are running the car as stock. when you hit boost, the emanage kicks in, and adds more fuel.

i have never seen the haltech software personally so i cant say anything about it.

but i know the emanage software, and how it works.. i could provide you with base maps to get on the road, and tuning. it really all comes down to personal preference. but you really dont need standalone, until you are at powers like tim is at.