Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Engine Bay and Turbo Parts pics

Old 03-03-2002, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Bay and Turbo Parts pics

Hey all, here's the pics I took of my turbo parts (so far), my engine bay, and the battery relo.

Sorry for the crappy quality, the digital camera was free . . .

Engine Bay:
http://www.geocities.com/acurtas/turbo/enginepics.html

first thing you'll notice is that the battery is gone. The intake pipe is 2.5" flexible exhaust pipe wrapped in thermotec. I drilled a hole for the IAT sensor and used the factory grommet. The filter is a Ractive heat shield cone filter. It draws air from the gap behind the turn lamp.

The engine was recently detailed with the CD2 kit you can get at Pep Boys.

Last pictures are the batter relo in the trunk. It's as far forward as possible to give a good weight distribution without "lever'ing" the front tires up. It uses 2 gauge wire, grounded to the frame in the spare tire well. The main wire runs under the rear seat, through the center console, under the driver's feet, up into the fender panel and into the engine bay. The little plastic box under the air filter is where the + hooks in. engine ground is achieved using one of the old battery mount bolts.

Turbo Kit pics:
http://www.geocities.com/acurtas/turbo/turbopic.html

First pic is all the pieces I have so far. Garrett T25 turbo, AN-6 oil feed line (with Earl's swivel seat hose ends, AN-10 oil drain line, a 5/16" Stainless Steel line for the oil breather (going to a catch can, instead of back into the intake), various fittings for the water feed and drain, various fittings for oil feed, and the fuel pump and strainer.

Second pic is the T25 in pieces. This is so I can clean it up a bit, get proper fittings, and "clock" it a bit, so all the parts line up the way I want. This is also what happens when an engineer gets bored with his new toy

The rest of the pics are closeups of the turbo and fuel pump parts.

ac