Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/)
-   -   Emanage Ultimate Help - Please - Odd Problem (2.0t Gk Tib) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/emanage-ultimate-help-please-odd-problem-2-0t-gk-tib-38494/)

dvanderk 09-12-2006 03:23 PM

question... but is this shop XAT racing in tampa? Because i remember seeing your car there when I was having my old setup dyno'd.

labmixz 09-12-2006 05:46 PM

na, I haven't been to XAT in awhile...

David Dickson 09-13-2006 12:35 PM

If your MAP was bad you'd be throwing a MAP specific MIL. Denis is right about you injector MILs. The way the eManage takes control of the injector is causing a high signal input into the OEM ECU. Who knows what kind of havoc this can wreak. I'm 99% certain that your problem right now is the OEM ECU not liking what the eManage is doing and going into limp mode. In limp mode it will pull a ton of timing and increase the injector duty cycle to dump a but load of fuel. ]
The only way your going to be able to get around your current problem is to either work with the OEM ECU and its limitations or elminate the OEM ECU by going full standalone. Listen to the people that have been doing this for a lot longer than you before you blow engine #2.
Incidentally I'm running the new Unichip version which now runs windows based software. The Unichip has complete control of my timing, OEM MAP, and secondary fuel rail that has 4 670cc injectors. Runs smooth as butter and no MIL.

labmixz 09-13-2006 01:52 PM

This isn't engine #2... still the original engine... when are you going to understand that dm?

Only one engine has ever been on my car and thats the one from the factory, I've just built it up after it blew out the bottom end DUE TO a oval shapped hole in a tigerlilly piston, the hole's drilled for the pins one of them (the one used in Cyl 4) was oval shaped and not circular, which was the reason for spun bearings...

Also,
I sent you a pm on nt.com which I can only guess you either didn't see or ignored asking more information about the new Unichip... So if you care to share more information other than "I have it" then please do.

Denisst99 09-13-2006 09:15 PM

i don't konw your previous engine stories.but...
the way your trying to do power now will lead to a blown engine for sure
if you need/want to kee pthe stock ecu then you need to go with extra injectors
either the smt-6 e-manage or unichip
or go full stand alone

SOCKS_old 09-13-2006 09:47 PM

sorry i got in this a lil late.. but i wanna get some stuff cleared up..

do u have the MAF still in ur car.. cuz with the ultimate, you can completely get rid of the MAF and just rely on a MAP sensor.. if you still have your MAF and one fuel rail, your going to have problems... if you have it set up that way, ull wanna go with a second fuel rail.. keep the ultimate.. it has many more options than any piggyback out there..

i am running the emanage blue fine, with a dual fuel rail setup..

do u have the subinjector harness for yours, or are u running an additional fuel map? just adjusting the fuel by putting stock injector size and new size in? or a completely new map, that has the emanage fire the injectors utilizing the MAP sensor?

if you got rid of the MAF and are tricking the ECU, and are using the sub injector map to control the injectors VIA the MAP sensor, you should be fine..

if your looking into ignition fix, see if t4turbo will do it, or follow his DIY, and that should work to play with your ignition and stuff..

Denisst99 09-13-2006 10:31 PM

the problem i have about the internal ECU ignition hack is the extra heat..
more heat means something isn't working properly..
yes it work, but for how long? electronics components shouldn't heat up like that...
i prefer the "external" way

David Dickson 09-14-2006 10:05 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (labmixz @ Sep 13 2006, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This isn't engine #2... still the original engine... when are you going to understand that dm?

Only one engine has ever been on my car and thats the one from the factory, I've just built it up after it blew out the bottom end DUE TO a oval shapped hole in a tigerlilly piston, the hole's drilled for the pins one of them (the one used in Cyl 4) was oval shaped and not circular, which was the reason for spun bearings...

Also,
I sent you a pm on nt.com which I can only guess you either didn't see or ignored asking more information about the new Unichip... So if you care to share more information other than "I have it" then please do.</div>

Now, now Lab no reason to get snappy. You've refused to listen to my advice every time I gave it so why should now be any different. You refuse to believe that I amongst others know what the heck we're talking about. Engine #2 could mean a completely different engine or a engine rebuild. So there.
As far as PM inbox on nt.com it fills up faster than a two dollar whore so chances are its full right now which means I won't get any new PMs. As far as the new Unichip is concerned it is a HUGE improvement over the previous ones. Alpine is going to switch all of its product line over to the new chip. Unichip still restricts tuning the new chip to authorized dealers/tuners so you wouldn't be able to tune it yourself, which in your case would be a good thing.

SOCKS_old 09-14-2006 10:18 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>the problem i have about the internal ECU ignition hack is the extra heat..
more heat means something isn't working properly..
yes it work, but for how long? electronics components shouldn't heat up like that...
i prefer the "external" way</div>

did you ever get an external solution for the ignition working or developed besides the darlington thingy that heats up like a b**** and doesnt work..

Denisst99 09-14-2006 11:23 AM

yup,and so far it's working well
it does work with the smt-6 but for your emanage it needs to be comfirmed