Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Ebay... "SPINWHEEL TURBO KIT FOR HYUNDAI TIBURON KDM"

Old 12-28-2002, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Ebay... "SPINWHEEL TURBO KIT FOR HYUNDAI TIBURON KDM"

Found this today. Says it's complete and he has a decent rating. Random? Red? 10 available.

Ebay Auction... Buy It Now for US $4,399.00

All Kits comes complete with:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4-1 Cast Iron manifold
Spinwheel HONESTY Wastegate
Garrett T3 Turbocharger (A/R:.63)
APEXI Blow-off valve
4 BOSCH 600cc/min Fuel Injector
Custom-programmed Engine Management Unit
4(or 5) Aluminium Intake Piping
Spearco Intercooler with Aluminium Tank & Pipe
2.5 Bar MAP sensor
Silicon hoses and clamps
Steel braided oil feed lines
Oil return line
Gt-spec down pipe
Vacuum tee's
Vacuum line's
Installation manual (Please note that all installs should be done by a professional to achieve the highest performance!)

All above kits work with automatic or manual transmission.
All above kits will work with air conditioning.
All above kits will work with 4-cylinder model only(Not compatible with 6-cylinder GT model).

[Dynamometer Test Result]Max Torque: 34.10kg*m/ 4700rpm
Max Power: 230.5 bhp / 5500rpm
Wheel Power : 200.9 bhp
(Power Loss : 29.6 bhp, cf: Stock Wheel power 114.8 bhp)
Boost Pressure : 0.6bar(8PSI)

For a limited time only!
You also recieve FREE:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*K&N Universial Type Filter
*4 NGK Racing Cold Spark Plug (Heat Range: 10)
*Upgraded piping by 1/4 in diameter
*1 year manufacturer's warranty on all mechanical parts except for the turbocharger (starting from the invoice date)

Spinwheel Bolt-On Turbo Kit works w/ 2002~2003 4-cylinder Hyundai Tiburons only
Please contact us prior to bidding for available applications listing and/or any other info. Response usually within a couple hours. Pls dont forget to add the year, make, model, engine type and any other modifications you have made to your vehicle. Thanks for looking! Good luck!

[ December 28, 2002, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: REDZMAN ]
Old 12-28-2002, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Hmmm.... 4,400 is a bit steep for that. Better off getting the Alpine kit and then upgrading some parts. You'll still be under 4,400 by doing that, and you could achieve the same power. tongue.gif
Old 12-28-2002, 01:09 PM

Oh MUCH agreed, I was just suprised that this was there and it comes with the Engine Management unit. Wonder what it is.

Looks decent though.

Personally I think I'm waiting for CNK or Alpine to put out a FULL kit, everything included. Haltech, whatever, but EVERYTHING. I'm leaning more towards Alpine because of 2 reasons. Warranty, and Random. LOL
Old 12-29-2002, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

What is weird is they claim it is for the 2002-2003 4-cylinder only. My guess is that this is for the BETA2 motor ONLY.

Their dyno of 114 WHP normally aspirated is a tad low, but 200 WHP is about what I would expect from 8 psi.

That manifold isn't the greatest, but it will work.
The turbine is very small, but then again, so it Alpine's.
The intercooler LOOKS decent from the photos, but an upclose examination would really be required.

For the $$$, I would still reccomend the alpine kit over this kit.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:10 PM

The SPINWHEEL is one of our ECU dealer in Korea.

Basically, we share same problem as SPINWHEEL turbo kit. There is nothing wrong with any hardwares and software. Since most items were imported to Korea, the product already paid massive tax and shipping cost.

As you can tell Garrett or Turbonetic they use for the turbo kit is localize brand name (Made in USA) and SPEARCO intercooler, injectors, wastegate, blow off valve is likewise.

We have solution to bring intercooler pipings and other custom made pipe and stainless exhaust manifold to use local turbine and intercooler to reduce price dramatically.

The only downfull for other companies will have problems with ECM system which we are specialize in. The stand alone type we have covers up to 500hp at ease.

REDZMAN:
I already left Korea for a year, and missed them very much. Please post more street pictures as you drive around.
Our head engineer wants to tell you to come and visit him while he will be heading back around Jan. 25 to Feb. 10 to Korea. He is willing to look after your car, if you own Hyundai car.
Drop an e-mail to smnextek@ccarman.com web page
Old 12-31-2002, 04:54 AM

I will echo the above comments.

Nearly all the parts in the kit were initially produced and shipped from elsewhere. Either Japan or the US. So 25% import duties... + shipping cost (air mail).. + mark up from primary dealers... Garrett Korea / APEXi Korea + Spin Wheels markup + the US importers markup.... you see where I'm getting at. Also the kit doesn't include pistons.

Also the reprogrammed ECU may not be compatable with US spec's cars... also the reprogramming is kind of crude (we have noticed that they are very rich and the timing is very retarded)... would definately need a bit more fine tuning by someone with a ECU reprogrammer and a bit of knowledge and of course a wide band O2 sensor.

Just to clarify... I believe those dyno numbers were from a Bosch dyno. I think it took a bit more boost 10-12 psi to make 200 wheel power on a dynojet.

I would just get the CNK kit and find another way of fuel / ignition control or just piece a "custom" kit together. I'd bet that you could source nearly every part on that parts list for 50-70% of the quoted price.

[ December 31, 2002, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Cheuk in Seoul ]
Old 12-31-2002, 12:04 PM

CHEUK, How are you? It is good to see you in this forum.
Are you still racing your RX-7 or changed new car?

Anyway, Happy New Year.
Old 12-31-2002, 07:20 PM

So you're in the US now? I love Korea. It's great. I got an email from your engineer today. I'd love to meet with anyone I can while I'm over here. It would be great.

Are there any options on this kit to upgrade the turbo it's self? If the ECU was left out, how much cheaper would it be?
Old 12-31-2002, 09:39 PM
Jon

Hmmm.... 4,400 is a bit steep for that. Better off getting the Alpine kit and then upgrading some parts. You'll still be under 4,400 by doing that, and you could achieve the same power
What would you recomend as the first upgrade for the Alpine kit to get more power? The turbo itself, intercoller? Which part is the most lacking in the setup?
Old 12-31-2002, 10:46 PM

2race4REAL:
CHEUK, How are you? It is good to see you in this forum.
Are you still racing your RX-7 or changed new car?

Anyway, Happy New Year.
I'm doing good. And, No, the wife refuses to let me race. Maybe I can wear her down... I'm reinstalling the interior and stereo so that I can drive it daily.