Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Custom twin charge setup

Old 04-08-2011, 05:38 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent 22PSI Boost
Default Custom twin charge setup

Ok, Im back on this band wagon again lol...

For those that dont know this is my car... Very basics...

03 Accent

1.6L alpha

8.4:1 Compression CP Pistons

PAR Rods

ported & polished head

Garrett gt2871rs (disco potato)

380cc injectors (primary)

610cc injectors (secondary)

Bosch 044 Fuel Pump

Walbro gss342 Fuel Pump

2 litre surge tank

Motor has been built to withstand 30psi of boost, however the most it will run is 20psi...

So obviously it has a full standalone management system, so tuning is no worries, how would one make an appropriate inlet manifold, and have it setup...

Do I go with something like a SC14 and remove the air conditioning but then there is nothing more crazy than a big ole turbo and supercharger in plain sight... If the supercharger is manifold mount it would be a blow through system or would you have 2 tb and have the intercooler setup for the turbo the same and have the inlet for the supercharger come back to the air box, so 2 air intakes , 1 didicated each for both. but if it was a blow through system how would you get a supercharger to make 20psi with the turbo setup?

Would you need to have a seperate bypass valve for the supercharger or would the external wastegate and turbo BOV be suffeciant?

I can find alot about the alpine demo motor, ie the intercooler setup, psi specs, estimated hp.

Im being more realistic with my power figures now, but would love that snap of power throughout the who rev range.

Cheers Ryan