Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Considering going turbo on 1.6l

Old 03-11-2011, 06:18 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent 22PSI Boost

Hey mate,

Ok well I have had a few setups on my Accent, I certainly would not do the conversion without some sort of ecu, as you said it would get pretty lean. I dont know alot about autocross, but a couple of movies i seen have alot of tight sharp turns, so if your thinking of going a rrfpr, definately add a surge tank for that extra comfort zone. To be honest I like the Garrett T28BB that is off the s15 silvia...

I have sent you a pm...

CHeers Ryan
Old 03-11-2011, 11:52 AM

Vehicle: 2005 hyundai accent

this is a great post, i am looking in the same kinda direction. when i got the accent i wanted to boost it and build it to make like 250-275hp, but im having so much fun driving it now that i am thinking 175-200 would be good. however for you 187, with your plans i would go ahead and run it on the stock ecu, but i wouldnt expect much more than 3-4psi. that wll give you a chance to get the set up dialed in befor adding the fic, and turning up the boost a lil. with all that said, how much do you, or anyone on here think would be the max boost on a stock ecu, with just a fuel computer, and a rrfpr. im thinking thats what id like to do. i have lots of time with mitsu turbos, plus i got every flang you can think of, so m thinking of a tdo4 13g. probably one off a 3000gt or something, but i wont have much funds for any kinda ecu tunning, and i dont want to run mega squrt cuz i need it to pass smog wthout issue.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Here's what I'm doing with the car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqqCX3EOCkY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgZqzPUnvLI

I think one reason people have had problems running super low boost without adding fuel is that they were MAF based instead of MAP. Overall I've just had better luck with MAP equipped cars compensating for mods than MAF equipped cars. That could just be me though.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Decos, you won't need a RRFPR and a fuel computer. The fuel computer and an adjustable FPR should be adequate.

So just a FIC, high flow fuel pump, properly sized injectors, and an adjustable FPR. Unless you're staying within what the stock pump and injectors can handle, which is doubtful.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:58 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

IMO i say a T25 would be great, if you want earlier spool, They made two Ar's an .48 and a .80. I would say grab the .48 Ar.

I would still run a fic, so you can play with timing.

Yet a bigger fuel pump, a FRP and some injectors, Aem Fic and some street tuning, and I say we could squeeze out the power, and on a dyno graph I am pretty positive it would look like a all motor pull, no lag. Only thing you will have to either have a mani made or buy one and fab a T25 flange to it, as most people here run T3.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

just my .02.. I would NEVER EVER run a staight t25 on anything bigger than a lawnmower engine...

smallest i would recommend is a t28 (t25 hot/t3 cold) as i said before..

a .48AR t25 housing is SUPER small..

you could fart into a .48 t25 and spool it, but the efficiency would be MEH at a 2+ PR and 19CFM

This is a t25 55trim .48AR...........................

at a PR of 2.05 and 19lb, your off the map....
Old 10-18-2012, 06:00 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T

This is probably long since dead, but man i wish you hit me up lol. In the last few months I was running 7-9 psi with 290cc injectors and my SAFC II to control it al and it was running a bit rich up top. I still have the manifold flange. The part that connects to the head..it needs runner welded and then whatever turbo flange you want.