Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Cel Codes

Old 04-16-2006, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

After the SMT was installed and tuned this week, I have been having a few CEL's.

1. Low MAF Voltage
2. Cylinder 2 Misfire
3. Cylinder 3 Misfire
4. High TPS Voltage

Any insight as to what I should do to correct these problems? I've though about changing out to new sparkplugs again to fix the misfire's, but I am lost on the TPS and MAF issues.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:55 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

1. Low MAF Voltage are you running larger injectors?could be caused by your settings to cheat the ecu
2. Cylinder 2 Misfire are you modifying the timing? if not you might be running lean check ASAP
3. Cylinder 3 Misfire could also be a bad coil pack,bad wire or bad plug since it' on the same coil
4. High TPS Voltage check your connections (smt6 ecu and TPS),could also be a bad tps

i had a similar problem with a 2001 accent,ecu was checking voltage relation between MAF and tps, lets say you floor it, ecu anticipate to see a high MAF volt but when using larger injector you send the ecu a weaker maf voltage and it sets a code
i had to use smaller injectors on this one to solve it
Old 04-17-2006, 06:47 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

Got the nipple tig welded on for the recirculation and relocated the IAT sensor before the throttle body, hopefully this will help. On the drive home, it seems the car had more power and better response. Hopefully no bad CEL.