Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Car started now won't

Old 01-05-2012, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

It does sound like a fuelling issue though. Just because the pump is priming, it doesn't mean adequate fuel is getting to the injectors themselves. Maybe crack the FPR bolt and see if there is pressure at the rail
Old 01-07-2012, 01:04 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

The fuel pressure gauge reads good pressure so I know the pump is good. The injectors could be clogged or not firing was my original guess. But I do not want to pull the fuel rail out.

Never thought about the coil packs having enough power to trip the timing light and not enough to fire the plugs.

I will be out there tonight and I will tell you all what I find.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:47 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

So I am an idiot and the fuel pump isn't turning on. I swapped it with one out of my other tib and that one wouldn't energize either. When I put the walbro in my daily tib it had no problem energizing. I have checked fuses and can't find a bad one anywhere. I swapped the megasquirt for the OEM ECU and that didn't fix the problem.

Any guesses as to why I have no power to the fuel pump? Is there a relay, ground wire or something somewhere that I could check?

Otherwise I'm looking at stripping my entire interior to look for a damaged wire or something strange and try to find why power is not going all the way back to the fuel pump. At this point I am truly lost on what could be wrong to cause the car to just die.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Check the fuel pump relay. Log into hmaservice.com for instructions on how to test it. There is also a fuel pump inspection terminal located in engine compartment that is used to check the fuel pump operation by connecting battery voltage directly to the terminal in the engine compartment.