Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Beta I to II conversion

Old 09-22-2004, 10:50 AM
Al

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FS: VHR 2.0 clutch kit

what's involved in I to II conversion swap? i know phisicaly everything bolts right on but they're totaly differnt as far as electrical goes.

anyone konw if i can gat away with just swaping engine harness / ECU or its more serious then that?

why? no HLA couple horses(not a reason but nice to know) and it just looks so much better. and so on
Old 09-22-2004, 10:52 AM

Default Beta I to II conversion

Jaws will prob have to answer this one......

also this should be moved to the proper forum.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Greeting From Japan

the beta II to beta I is swappable

You can also get away using the beta I ecu and harness.

Why do you want to do it though?
Looks better?
The only difference look wise is the valve cover... which bolts on to the beta I btw.

The intake manifold is different as well,.. but i think the beta I would be best as far as performance.

If you really want to know.. ill explain it.

Just tell us why you want to swap in a beta II, maybe we can save you a headache.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Winterizing ur car

I don't know why you would want to swap I to II. A BetaI is better than a BetaII performance wise (lifters...) and come on, you were gonna swap an engine for the valve cover color? You know, paint exist? Custom covers exist and the betaII cover fits.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Al

Default Re: Tibby01's LED Stuff

dude i wasnt serious about looks of the engine. pretty much only reaon i want is to get rid of HLA and since my engine is blown i can get beta2 for salme price so only drawback is wiring. plus i prefer map based engines.

umm what about beta 2 head on beta 1 block ? in this case i shouldnt have to do any wiring changes
Old 09-23-2004, 09:37 AM

Default Re: LED & Speakers...

If your block is blown.. you might want to replace the block wink.gif

Ok.. if you want to go to MAP that bad.. go ahead and switch harnesses.. it wont be fun and it wont be easy. You might find yourself toying with fuel lines and much more than your expecting.

If you want to do it the easy way..

Stick to beta II block and head.. You could make a hybrid but that would make things slightly more difficult as one requires more oil pressure that the other, and the oil pressure regulator are in two different places.

On the beta II block,... remove all sensors, pulleys, coilpack, thermostat housing with sensors, IM, and TB. Reuse your old pulleys (beta I has a lighter crank pulley, and one of the belts on the beta II is different). You also want to reuse your old alternator. BETA IIs have an 80 amp alternator, unlike your beta I that has a 90amp one.

Go ahead and switch those parts around and reinstall the engine like it was a beta I.

One other thing.. Switch the fuel rail. Use the beta I fuel rail with beta I injectors. Remember to reuse all your beta I sensors.

You will now have a beta II engine, with beta I components that will allow you to reuse your beta I ecu.

If you wanna go map... your on your own.
Its possible, but a huge pain in the ass, for absolutely no gain whatsoever.

If your thinking turbo... remember with the beta II ecu youll have a returnless fuel system, SO GOOD LUCK!

Oh and btw, depending on what year beta I you have, the flywheel might not fit. You might want to reuse the beta II flywheel.

Use the beta II oil pan. With the beta II oil pan, you can do away with the support brace under the beta I that braces the engine and tranny together.

Hopefully that answers all your questions.

Oh one last thing.. i also recommend you switch the water pump. I prefer the beta I water pump over the beta II. Main reason... one is plastic the other is metal.

good luck
Old 09-23-2004, 10:44 AM
Al

Default Re: 01 tiburon beta swaps

thanks for your help jaws. have you done something like this yourself? sure sounds like it
Old 09-23-2004, 10:52 AM

Default Re: fs:stock fog lights

yea...
lol.gif

Ive owned both engines. I mixed and matched so much, that sometimes i have a hard time remembering what was beta I and what was beta II

Oh also...

water pump pulleys are not interchangeable...

So if you use the beta I power steering pump... you HAVE to use the beta I water pump because of the pulley.
oops.gif
Old 09-23-2004, 11:06 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: TigerLily 270 Beta in/ex cams

QUOTE (Alex)
thanks for your help jaws. have you done something like this yourself? sure sounds like it

hehe, you should show em jaws.

crap, hit edit instead of quote on your post alex, sorry.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:30 AM

Default rd1 door/window help

i think i should post compression numbers of the only beta hybrid EVAH

lol.gif