Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Automatic Beta II powered APE Drag Tiburon

Old 08-10-2006, 09:52 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic Beta II powered APE Drag Tiburon

Forget any and all biases about making Tiburons fast. My friend Tom, founder of Advanced Products Engineering (APE) knows that to go fast, you gotta have the best parts. If you want the best parts, you cant just bolt on off the shelf products. You have to BUILD your parts, track test them, and hope you don't break too many other parts along the way. Now because of his hard work, you guys can purchase traction bars, shifter bushings, fuel rail accessories, and nitrous, and the product engineering is pushing forward with more race proven parts to come!

So to flip this whole thing on all of you, I'll let the cat outta the bag. How the hell did Tom run an 11.1 second pass? Not with a manual shifter, thats for sure. Thats right, this car is an automatic. Its funny, I've personally yanked an auto and swapped in a 5 Speed on my race car, but Tom did the opposite. He took out his 5 speed, and swapped in an auto. Why? Because to have this much power, you will go through axles like tooth pics. APE has taken this to a whole new level. He's not running passes at the strip so he can gloat about it, he's doing it because nobody else has. The last Tiburon to get recognition for being in the 10's has to use TWO FRIGGIN ENGINES. Thats not much more than a myth of a car, and certainly its had enough custom fabbing done to pay for a car that'll run 10s on one engine alone, lol. But it made cool burnouts!!!

Anyway, the APE car is going to be breaking into the 10's ANYTIME NOW. We're strapping on one of my 1200 dollar Carbon Fiber Hatches, free of charge, fully sponsored, as well as a new Carbon Fiber hood, and between those two pieces, we hope to drop a good 100 lbs. You think that might shave off 1/10 of a second? I really hope so smile.gif

So check out the pics, and check out the 15MB video, so you can start telling you buddies that Hyundai's can run 10's too!!!

APE's 11.1 second Pass Video (15MB)

So do you think your Manual tranny could keep up? LOL.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:46 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Chris.... tell APE that I'll drive out there and drop my car off with them if they need a test vehicle for a month or so. It's already got an automatic in there, and the engine should be broken in by now... I just hit 120,000. Let me know if they need an RD2 to break into the 10's... it's a little lighter