Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

apexi neo tune help

Old 02-27-2011, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default apexi neo tune help

i'm trying to tune myself, but i can't seem to figure out what the best setup is. i'm wondering if anyone can help. here's my problem:

i had the stock injectors in and i was running pretty lean even when i tuned it with the neo at +15, so when i did the wire tuck i swapped in the 440's. i had a minor fuel leak reducing pressure and it allowed the car to run at around 11:1afr when i had just dropped it in, now that i have it 100% it's not running at all, it's just dumping fuel in like none other. i'm trying to see if anyone else is running an apexi neo and 440cc injectors (or for that matter any size bigger injectors) on the neo and if you could just post up what your corrections tables look like so i could get an idea of what i need to do. towing the car to a tune shop is not an option, and i would ultimately get it tuned but i can't right now because of the hit i've taken financially and i REALLY need this car to be running asap. if i can't get some ideas as to what i need to do soon i'm going to have to swap back in the stock injectors and drop to the smaller spring on the wastegate just so i can get back and forth to work

thanks guys
Old 02-27-2011, 07:01 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Neo will not tune our type of Ecu. Our Ecu will let it change, but then our Ecu will relearn, and start running lean again. Out Ecu runs on a ROM and teaches itself. Best thing you can do is swap back to stock injectors, and run a smaller spring, then you will need to sell the Neo, and pick up a Fic, that manages signals indepedently then sends to the the Ecu as a certain signal, or at a sertain delay. The Neo, just adjust at the Ecu, it doesnt manage the signals or alter them, basically it is just a way to trying to tell the Ecu what you WOULD like it to do!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

Neo = no no for hyundai ECU, sell it, trade it, trash it, only real options..
Old 02-27-2011, 08:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

try pulling the 02 sensors, thats how I'm running my smt6 right now. working on 02 sensor emulators. The reason it pulls itself back lean is because it knows its rich, if it doesn't know it does into a "safe" tune and you can modify it.

Just zip tie the wires out of the way to try it out, if it doesn't work just plug em back in. If it does get some 02 sensor bung plugs.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:52 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

I think O2 sensor are considered a HARD code to the Ecu, and will make it run in a limp mode!!!!

But it is worth a shot, First i have heard about that.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:08 PM

Vehicle: 99 accent

Yeah try running with upstream 02 disconnected (and reset the ecu) so the ecu can't self learn and mess with your tune, It won't go into limp mode but you'll get the cel.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by supercow
try pulling the 02 sensors, thats how I'm running my smt6 right now. working on 02 sensor emulators. The reason it pulls itself back lean is because it knows its rich, if it doesn't know it does into a "safe" tune and you can modify it.

Just zip tie the wires out of the way to try it out, if it doesn't work just plug em back in. If it does get some 02 sensor bung plugs.

this is what i've done, i'm only running the wideband and tuning off that, and yeah it throws a CEL but that's ok since i'd rather have a cel and the correct amount of fuel i want than the opposite. the downpipe i got made only had one bung for o2 so i thought i'd use the wideband to tune it and then toss the stocker back in so that i could get rid of the cel. other than that it's been saving my fuel maps and actually working. i would've never known unless i posted this, thanks you guys.

i thought i had heard about guys running the safcs before? maybe it was on the newer tiburons?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I dunno, with a stock ecu with real o2s hooked up its going to keep pulling fuel no matter what. The reason people did the dual rail was it gave them 4 injectors the ecu couldn't touch.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:36 AM

supercow the safc doesn't control injectors, so i guess it was just some weird happenstance that i found someone with a neo on their tib.

i seem to be continually getting stuff that doesn't want to work with this hyundai.... fml

maybe i'll go with a honduh just because there's 3423413165 parts for it lol jk
Old 03-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

It would be easier, and maybe cheaper. Then you could fit right in at the next show and feel confident that you are on a very well-worn path . . .