Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Anyone know of a SUPERCHARGER for my 2K1 Tibby

Old 06-13-2002, 03:22 AM
Kev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know of a SUPERCHARGER for my 2K1 Tibby

I Want a SuperCharger for my Tib. I would do a turbo but I do not want to void the warranty. But due to the fact that a supercharger is Bolt On it would not void it. Can anyone give me a hint who I can get one from or at least turn me in the right direction. I tried a few on line places but they were no help. They told me to go to a forum and make a posting. Someone, Anyone..... tongue.gif HELP!!!! eek!
Old 06-13-2002, 03:25 AM

a supercharger is more than a bolt on

It will void your warranty

Do a search on "supercharger"

You will find all the info you need
Old 06-13-2002, 03:28 AM
Kev

I asked someone who works @ hyundai and they said that a Turbo would but a Supercharger would not. I don't know but this is what the guy stated to me. I searched using yahoo but the places I called were useless. rolleyes.gif
Old 06-13-2002, 03:33 AM

There's a little link that says ' search ' in the top right corner of the page you're looking at right now--that will yield far more useful information than Yahoo.

Sure, the SC manifold bolts in place of the stock IM. Then you need to run a belt to the SC compressor. And get air to it. How much boost you going to run? You may also need:
    [*]fuel pump [*]injectors[*]intercooler[*]stand-alone engine management[*]pistons[/list]and possibly more, which bring you way outside the realm of a simple bolt-on. And probably out of your warranty too wink
Old 06-13-2002, 03:49 AM

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAA Not void the .... BWAHAHAHA
Sorry man but that guy is messing with you..

I had a distrect service guy tell me my 2k3 gt would take "half a dozzen atmospheres" Now he ment psi but if I took his word I would have tried a boost pressure of 88.2 PSI..

Don't trust it. He may not care but Hyundai Would.
Old 06-13-2002, 05:12 AM

Kev:
I Want a SuperCharger for my Tib. Can anyone give me a hint who I can get one from or at least turn me in the right direction.
http://www.alpine-developments.co.za/ They maker SC for the Tib last I heard. But be weary of them. People seem to be having a lot of problems with the SC and I've heard the Beta motor doesn't repsond to it well either.
Old 06-13-2002, 08:56 AM

I'm installing the Alpine SC this Monday for a friend, will let you all know how it goes and performs
Old 06-13-2002, 08:58 AM

From personal experience, I can tell you already how its going to go... Its going to run like crap! lol.
Old 06-13-2002, 09:07 AM

E-mail Xorro.

She may tell you about what she went through having the Alpine unit installed and tuned on her Tiburon.
Old 06-13-2002, 09:52 AM

Originally posted by J@WS 01:
I'm installing the Alpine SC this Monday for a friend, will let you all know how it goes and performs

Hey alex,whose car are you installing the SC on?