Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Alpine vs. KSPEC

Old 12-25-2004, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: building a computer

thats my point... when you upgrade your setup you have to upgrade the whole kit... the only thing i like about that kit really is the manifold but you can get nice manifolds from speed-factor.

i've never seen the kit in person but from the pics i've seen is a 1G SMIC you can get for $40 can do just as good of a job. And its more than enough for the size of the turbo that comes with that kit. its not that the kit doesnt work... its that its overpriced and has poor fuel management
Old 12-26-2004, 06:45 AM
Jon

Default Testing, testing 1...2...3...

I suppose it depends on where you come from, in the UK a new turbo of that type will cost around $1300 on its own. So its a pretty decent priced kit for the UK.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:33 AM

You say the Alpine turbo sucks, what about the super-charger? I haven't heard anyone who has one say anything bad about it. confused.gif
Old 01-19-2005, 08:56 AM

QUOTE (LordCthulu)
You say the Alpine turbo sucks, what about the super-charger? I haven't heard anyone who has one say anything bad about it.

The main sucky about the Alpine kits. Is the ability for you to tune it when upgrading. You have to take it to a specialized Unichip dealer. It cost money since there are not that many Unichip tuners. Especially if you live out in country as to being in a big town.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:42 PM

Ah I see, that's not too bad. But I guess it would be an annoyance better not dealt with..