Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

AEM Performance Electronics

Old 06-05-2010, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Elantra GLS Sportswagon
Default AEM Performance Electronics

Hi Guys,

How do you rate AEM ?
I have a complete new [alpine] Eaton M45 supercharger kit less the piggy back ecu that is designed to fit a DOHC Hyundai excel/accent and I'm getting it modified to fit a 2.0l DOHC Hyundai.1999 elantra.
So I need some sort of engine management preferably a piggyback type ecu ,It is not going to be a street/drag racer just want to do something a bit out of the square so I don't really want to go for a standalone system.
What do you guys recommend, I was looking at something like the AEM Plug & Play piggyback Fuel and Ignition Controller (F/IC) kit ? would this suit my application ? http://www.aemelectronics.com/engine-manag...roller-f-ic-12/
I have got a Unichip module thats mapped for a another vehicle but the authorized tuner doesn't want to use it rather try to sell a $3500 Motec standalone .
The engine management system also must be easily sourced and be tuned in Perth Western Australia...