Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Accent Turbo Finally!!

Old 07-30-2002, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accent Turbo Finally!!

ok i finally got my car turbo'ed after a long time of collecting parts and alot of saving! you might remember me from HT.com with the silver accent, anyway, i gotta TD04 turbo, running 7.5psi, big front mount intercooler, oil cooler, complete custom fuel job (as the standard returnless fuel system had to go,and is now replaced with a complete return system with a 350 HP fuel pump and a malpassi rising rate fuel pressure regulator) and im now looking for new injectors, Microtech LT-8 ecu, been dynoed at 123fwhp better than the chiptorque kit(i'll take a photo of the dyno print out, as i have no scanner at the moment) but is still no good! as i am now craving more boost and a bigger ball bearing turbo, forged internals and the rest. anyway i got some pics for ya's all over in the states, sorry no car pics as it was night time when i took the photos. the engine bay is pretty dirty and needs alot of cleaning and polishing up!
also i have these for sale if any one wants me to ship them over!haha

[ August 01, 2002, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Scrud1 ]
Old 07-30-2002, 09:14 PM
QS

Good **** man!!
More pics!
What were the main problems? An you able to run 7.5lbs of boost on stock internals?
Thought it was like 4lbs.
Old 07-30-2002, 09:54 PM

hay man i'll get some more pics tomorrow! but yeah, i was originally running 4psi but it was only like 95 hp at the wheels and yeah the previous model, (the excel over hear in aus) can withstand 8psi, so i thought the 2000 model accent should be up to it to, and yeah it's worked out well! but there is plenty more to come. another problem is no traction in 1st but if i really wanna go it i just do a high rev 2nd gear launch.
Old 07-30-2002, 10:23 PM
Guy

SWEET! Maybe some day...LOL
Old 07-30-2002, 10:27 PM

wow man,123whp doesn't sound like much,but in a accent thats freakin sweet.Great job!
Old 07-30-2002, 11:17 PM

about how much did that set up run you?? i have a 2002 GS 1.6 and i want to turbo it. feed me some info bro!!

Peace

Ryan
Old 07-31-2002, 12:19 AM

well in terms of cost in Aussie $'s so half it if you in america it cost me $200 for the turbo, second hand off a WRX done 10000km's but i want ball bearing, and the good thing is because i used a td04 off a WRX there are so many bolt on upgrades for wrx's its not funny, so i have a lot of options. The manifold is steam pipe and cost me $450 and the dump pipe was $150 coated in HPC, then the intercooler I got was custom and the most expensive thing coming in at around $800, then all the intercooler piping was done in stainless steel (so i can polish it up to look all shiny) for $600, then the microtech was $500 second hand and i had it re-programmed for my car and they upgraded the firmware so its laptop compatible, then the oil cooler was around $100 (you can get these from any auto accessory place, just for reliability's sake) mine sits just infront of the aircon radiator, the malpassi was also second hand (watch out the stock fuel pressure regulator is in the tank and it heats up and i would say could be very dangerous!) at $100 the 350hp fuel pump was $200 easy upgrade, the biggest problem was running a return line into the plastic fuel tank, as weldin plastic is a bummer, also the fuel rail had to be slightly modified. then there were all the little fiddely bits like BOV's , boost controllers, and braided lines to and from the turbo to the sump and oil pump and oil cooler. at the moment the injectors are maxed out completely and i rekon it won't be long till they kark it. so new ones are on there way
Old 07-31-2002, 12:27 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

SWEET deal man! Suprised at the 123whp, but I have a feeling its due to the limitations of the stock injectors and your relative lack of fuel controls. Let us know how it goes!

I call dibs on the header! smile.gif
Old 07-31-2002, 12:38 AM

yeah 123hp was'nt very good, but tuning is a bit of a problem as well as, it's getting re-tuned by another dude in september, that is suposed to be the best, so i'll find out then and post more results. but i was happy to pull more HP than the ball bearing turbo kit from www.chiptorque.com.au which was 113fwhp, anyway there's along way to go!
Old 07-31-2002, 01:04 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

PM or email me at skierd007@hotmail.com for a price on the header man. smile.gif I know shipping is gonna cost an arm and a leg and some teeth, but hopefully we can work something out.