Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

500+ Hp Block Build

Old 05-23-2007, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I finally got a spare block to start building on. I am going to pretty much go all out where I can throw whatever at it and have it take it. Big boost with turbo for sure, probably nitrous. I wouldnt even count out a supercharger at some point. I am looking for very big numbers. I got the basics figured out: Wiseco pistons (probably .040 over), pauter rods, arp studs. i am just looking for more things that i am overlooking for building the block. maybe crank suggestions, or things like that.

Past the block Im going to have a huge turbo, qluaife lsd, koyo rad, convert to mitsu clutch, and other supporting mods.

please help me out with the block for now. Ill be going into the other parts later. thanks. also, recomendations on where to buy things.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:49 PM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

have you engine blueprinted and balanced... head port and polished with all nice goodies to with the head. many other will have input i am brain dead right now working on vhf radios tonight sorry.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:25 PM

dont go with such an over bore inless you have too. keep in mind that the more you over bore, the weaker your block will handle. a basic .010 over is plenty. only real reason to go anymore is if the cyl walls are damaged.

also, dont waste your money on a P&P job unless they have a flow bench. more times then not, people actually do more harm then good without one. doesnt matter how much they talk themselves up, or how long they have been doing it. flow bench will show you proven results. make sure your getting your money's worth.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:30 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

Some suggestions:

Block:
vac cleaning
magnaflux
checking the deck
deburring
red glyphol

Porting/Polish
Cams
New springs/retainers
Polish valves.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:03 PM

ya im not doing the 40 over. i dont think wisecos come in 10 though. ill have to check.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:22 PM

^

there made to order, you specify.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:04 PM

for rods, do i need to call and have them made custom as well? and are there any real difference in rods such as some can hold 400hp and i need better ones for more or what?
also are wisecos what i should get? and i want the 82.5mm right? sorry so many questions, i just want to get the best so i can be done with the block
Old 05-25-2007, 08:59 AM

i have pauter rods. they are thick ass hell btu not sure if they make them by the order. ill check on price for the arp studs too. why not try that 2.3 stroker kit i saw for our car around the site somewhere. i have the .020 over pistons from wiseco and thought they were in stock. uhhh basically i would say gt30 or gt35 would be a good turbo? a bad ass equal length manifold like tim had looks damn good too. yeah im rambling.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:41 AM

ive got a ramhorn style now but im not sure if i want to keep it or not. im thinking of having a new one done somewhere.
thanks for checking that price for me.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:50 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Read through some old threads. There's several posts on people buying internals.

Pauter rods are normally on the shelf at Atomic Speedware for the best price. If not, then call Pauter and they'll give you the name of another company who has them in stock.

Wiseco makes 20's and 40's as off the shelf pistons. If you want something other than that, then you'll be waiting weeks, possibly months on them.
There's nothing wrong with getting .040 pistons. There's plenty of room in the cylinder walls for them, and you won't crack the block. I have these. The only downside to them is that you can't bore your block again should your motor blow and scar up the walls. You'd have to get a new block. But that's not a big deal since they're available everywhere cheap.
I'd go with the 40's.