Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

50 Turbonetics Vs Gt30r

Old 04-20-2007, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

right now i have a t3/t4 50 trim turbonetics turbo. i am going mainly all out with my car: built bottom end, built head, no interior, ps, ac, etc. my car is off the road now, but i was boostin 12 psi and hitting 225 hp, 229 torque i believe. currently i am tuned with an apexi safc... yeah yeah i know p.o.s. i am soon either upgrading to aem or megasquirt. anywho, i wanted to get some opinions on if i should: keep my 50 trim w/ a 2.5" downpipe to a 3" exhaust or upgrade to a gt30r or something similar. please let me know what u think
Old 04-22-2007, 12:15 PM

does anyone have either of these turbos and know what the 50 trim maxes out at on our cars?
Old 04-22-2007, 02:32 PM

my 60 trim is good for 30 psi i believe it said but i would never push it that much. if u build ur motor and want more psi use low compression pistons. i think u can get them from kspec or wiseco, but i really havent looked into it. some of the things u do to ur motor when u build it will increase ur compression so talk to ur machine shop before u do it to get a good estimate on the compression. wiseco offers pistons with a .020 bore that are between 8.1-8.5 compression but im not sure...look into that.
-Adam
Old 04-22-2007, 02:39 PM

i already have my motor built, like it says in my signature i have wiseco pistons. its about 8.8:1 compression ratio. but im just tryin to have a damn fast car and im not sure if my turbo is limiting me as much as i think it is. ive seen specs for my turbonetics being capable of 300-350 hp. i assume its at the flywheel and im already at 225 hp with a sh!tty tune at 12 psi. i figure it should be almost 300 to the crank id imagine.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:52 PM

yea i agree. sorry about that piston stuff i didnt look u up an see what u have. im no good at guessing what hp you have, and hosestly it doesnt matter to me as far as number go because any car can be a dyno queen. i kno u want to know though because ur turbo can only hold so much..but i dont know the answer to that. i would image if u have a turbonetics turbo itl be a little more built than some of the knock-off brands. if you are pushing close to 300 hp out of a tiburon thats turboed..ur should have urself one damn fast car.

good luck.
-Adam
Old 04-22-2007, 04:43 PM

haha thanks for your input, appreciated