Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

2.0 Beta1 X3accent, A Compressor Wanted!

Old 10-15-2006, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: hyundai accent 1996

Hey there! even though searching this forum has given me some answers, i now turn to you, as I still have some questions about going to SC:

it is a beta I (J2) 2.0liter engine out of a 97'Tiburon, in a hyundai Accent.

okay, as I searched the net, I saw that CAPA from Australia and Alpine Developments from USA make supercharger kits for the beta1, it's a bolt on but costs WAY TOO MUCH (around 4000USD)
anyway, my questions are:

1.they put on a 2.0 beta1 with 139 HP, a Eaton M45. Is it possible, to put on an Eaton MP62?

Eaton M45: http://www.automotive.eaton.com/product/en...hargers/M45.asp
Eaton M62: http://www.automotive.eaton.com/product/en...hargers/M62.asp

It is true that the engine probably spins the bigger one harder, but when it does, it should give MORE boost, right? is there also a danger, that with a small pulley(the one for more Psi) you could over -rotate the smaller Eaton MP45, and it isn't so with the MP62?

2. Do I really need bigger injectors? stock beta 1 are around 240 cc. can they remain stock? off course I'll get a bigger fuel pump, a walbro 255 will do i think.

3.Intercooler- is it necessary? I'm planning to go to 8-10 Psi boost (i hope), and prolly will need an IC. the Alpine developments kit comes without an IC, it uses a 5th injector, mounted around the throttle body, and it cools down incoming air. again-your opinion? I heard that this 5th injector causes grease from the superchargers rotors to get washed away(from the side, the air /w a bit of fuel through 5th inj. is entering) how is it with that?

4. where could I learn EVERYTHING about megasquirt/emanage/unichip or engine management of this type?
okay, I would appreciate all your answers,
regards from this side of the "pond", from Slovenia, a small country in Europe!!

Igor
Old 10-15-2006, 10:43 AM

Vehicle: Elantra XD GT

1- I think alpine is upgrading their SC for the 62
2- yes you need bigger injectors (or an extra one)
3- you can NOT intercool an eaton SC that replaces the intake manifold!
4- online, google the megasquirt smt and all piggyback sites/forums, theres plenty to read.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:13 AM

Vehicle: hyundai accent 1996

hello there! as I have surfed the net, but didn't find any SPECIFIC unichip pages, i was wondering:
could anyone post me a link to the Unichip/Megasquirt aftermarket ECU info pages, especially considering the wiring, how to connect, and how to tune it? I would really appreciate it...
so Unichip manual wanted!!
thank yoooo guys!
Kennman