Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

1bar map to 3 bar

Old 08-20-2013, 05:52 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97' Hyundai Coupe
Default 1bar map to 3 bar

Helloooo

My tibby is Map based, but 1bar GM map which is normal for NA car. The plan is to boost around 0.8 bar = 12psi. 2 bar map sensor will do the job , but I found 3 bar brand new GM sensor and I'm thinking if I will be able to run with this sensor and my Apexi Neo ?!

http://www.rpw.com.au/index.php?opti...=97&Itemid=120

When you check the characteristics of the Neo, can you please tell me will I be able to use 3bar map sensor without any ECU work ? Hopefully this " MAP/MAF transfer correction function " will let me do the job.

Thanx in advance
Old 08-31-2013, 07:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Turbo

Sounds like a headache waiting to happen. Look up Megasquirt. May you see the light.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97' Hyundai Coupe

I might go this way !!! As some other members told me it's better to sell the Apexi sh*t and buy standalone. Mega is cheap, but the tuners here are stupid ass hell, so I have to do everything by myself ! I don't want to mess with all the electronics , but it seems like I don't have a choice if I want to do things right.

Thanx for the advice