Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

12psi Run Videos

Old 11-23-2004, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LOL - autozone/advanced auto people...

Haven't been around... thanks for the help on the links... comments, and criticisms accepted................ until you take a ride in it lol.gif

I can run up to about 20psi according to Tim with my lowered compression now.... and right now I have it at ~13psi...

The BOV actually sounds amazing in person, and won't flutter when at near or full boost. The exhaust is at least 50% quieter now because I have silencers on it. I've always thought they were ricey, but in my case I'd rather have the car quieter. At least they painted the silencers black.

The boost gauge of course---isn't in the way I wanted it to be. Its not even the gauge I want in there right now. I'm waiting on an Auto Meter replacement from Tim, and it'll be here no later than this Friday. I got an A-pillar gauge mount from OBX Racing, and thats going on this weekend.

The kit is damn decent even with the problems along the way. I have to give Tim credit for his efforts to improve the quality of it as I've figure out what needs to be modified.

Keep the comments coming, along with whatever ideas you all have. I will have new videos posted sometime soon.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Free & easy weight saving mod

i think the car sounds great the way it is and i also love that BOV. how much power are you making?

it just seems like it took forever to get to 100mph. i dont mean to sound like i am bagging you i am just wondering about the tunning. it seems like you should be able to pull more out of it.

over all it is awsome and i congratulate what you have done. its nice to see more turbo tibs on the road.

oh and work on your shifting. it sounded like you were just doing that to hear the BOV, at least i hope you were.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Free & easy weight saving mod

QUOTE (djalkyd)
i think the car sounds great the way it is and i also love that BOV. how much power are you making?

it just seems like it took forever to get to 100mph. i dont mean to sound like i am bagging you i am just wondering about the tunning. it seems like you should be able to pull more out of it.

over all it is awsome and i congratulate what you have done. its nice to see more turbo tibs on the road.

oh and work on your shifting. it sounded like you were just doing that to hear the BOV, at least i hope you were.

Hah! Thanks buddy... I was doing that to show how the BOV sounded----the revving...

Yes, the car isn't fully tuned and could definitely use some work.... just wait until I get that SAFC2 in (soon hopefully, just a money issue as always).

I'm running 15psi right now and it screams. I'm probably going to try to bump it up to 18 sometime, but i'd like to have it tuned correctly---plus the clutch is holding me back now... I'm still running the stock one and it slips if I push it while driving---thats trouble.

I'll post some more vids when the weather is decent.... kinda cold right now to do anything.

Thanks for the comments.