Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

1.5L Turbo accent...Idle help

Old 06-22-2009, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Accent 1.5L Turbo
Default 1.5L Turbo accent...Idle help

Ok, guys some of you might remember posting this awhile back on the HP forums...so here it goes again, Im getting tired of dealing with it and need some opinions/options/help...etc.

So my car kinda relies on the CEL light to be on when I'm running my turbo setup...well apparently the trickle charger I bought for it over the winter is junk. I finally went to get it inspected the other week, and my battery was dead!...bad news....ECU reset hence no CEL...now my car starts, idles for bout 5 sec. and completly dies... and thats it. I dont kno why it does it but its happened to me before when I erased the CEL codes the first time.

Setup consists of the 1.5l alpha motor, T-25 turbo, tibby injectors and SAFC NEO for engine mang.

I'm thinking bout running and RRFPR and a return line, but also maybe looking into new Engine management... IDK, its been turbo'd for bout 2 years now and prob. only has 1k miles on it since...
Old 06-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Best option would be the Plug and play Megasquirt probably. As far as why it won't run now what codes were present when you erased them before? That's probably where I would look first.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:48 AM

QUOTE(187sks @ Jun 23 2009, 01:53 AM)
Best option would be the Plug and play Megasquirt probably. As far as why it won't run now what codes were present when you erased them before? That's probably where I would look first.

right...good call originally when we cleared the codes...(prob. last summer), it threw 6 codes, off hand I dont rem. but I still prob. have them written down somewhere. I kno 2 were O2 sensor related, I believe 1 was TPS related... as far as the other...I'll have to do some digging...

I did however remove my primary O2 as there was a big discussion about it on the HP forums awhile back. I plugged that hole in the exhaust and run the secondary O2 and my AEM wideband.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Administrator

I would be concerned about the TPS code, not for your current problem but in general. That causes real drivability issues.

I can't think of any issue that I know would allow the car to start but not to continue running but won't be an issue with the CEL on (doesn't mean there isn't one).

Some possibilities I can think of in order of my suspicion:

ISA
MAF
CPS
CKP

Another issue that can do what you're saying is a bad fuel pump that's able to supply enough fuel for the car to start given a few seconds but not enough to keep it running.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:28 PM

QUOTE(187sks @ Jun 24 2009, 01:15 PM)
I would be concerned about the TPS code, not for your current problem but in general. That causes real drivability issues.

I can't think of any issue that I know would allow the car to start but not to continue running but won't be an issue with the CEL on (doesn't mean there isn't one).

Some possibilities I can think of in order of my suspicion:

ISA
MAF
CPS
CKP

Another issue that can do what you're saying is a bad fuel pump that's able to supply enough fuel for the car to start given a few seconds but not enough to keep it running.

The car has a brand new TPS, so I dont think thats the prob. as far as the MAF goes, I was talking to another buddy of mine and was thinking bout switching out my sensor and putting it in the tib. MAF that I have lying around, cause the accent MAF is alot smaller in diameter than my piping for the intake... as for the fuel pump, when I installed the turbo setup, I installed a Evo8 pump, It should be running fine...like I said when the CEL is on the car runs great!...no CEL....big problems.

Maybe I should try gettin it running by overriding the SAFC settings to zero, and start fresh...possibly see if that will at least get it to idle? I have this feeling like the SAFC has something to do with it, and I dont rem. how we solved the issue last time this happened...
Old 06-25-2009, 01:22 PM

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/f...w-my-turbo.html

turns out I fixed my own problem....a year ago...haha

there is also a list of the CEL codes I was throwing before...
Old 06-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Glad you got it figured out...again. Lol.