Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

Tranny Problems.......

Old 05-15-2002, 02:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Problems.......

This is the 2nd tranny on my car no more than 2 years old...today driving to school, it started to slip...i stopped put it in 1st, then drive...it felt like it was stuck in 3rd....I made it to school and when I drove home it was fine...any suggestions?? And i checked the level of the fulid and it was fine.... frown
Old 05-15-2002, 02:25 AM

Try switching to a good synthetic, like Amsoil. I have been using their oil and trany fluid for a couple years now. When I switched I was driving a 87 Pontaic Formula. The trany shifted hard and ran hot and even after changing fluid a few days later it would look and smell burned again. I switched to Amsoil and the shifting was much more comfortable and the color and smell never was burned. It was warm to the touch but not hot after driving.

That sold me and I have used it in everything I have driven since, with no problems. Plus I go many more miles in between changes.

It might also be a clogged filter in the trany but I beat there will be a huge improvement with the Amsoil trany fluid change.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:51 AM

Thanks..
Old 05-15-2002, 01:37 PM

I had a problem where it was almost impossible to shift into second gear and if it did go in on a hard shift, it would grind. I switched to mobile synthetic and the problem has almost gone away. I only choose mobile cause it's in the engine too. Any synthetic will do the job though.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:49 PM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

ATF and ATF filter change time...