Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

(starting to be) clutch issue....

Old 08-24-2002, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

Angelos:
I want my clutch to grab like crazy but i ll try to do as many NA mods as i can...
What should i get for my 1st gen tib.????

PS>I dont understand what stage1,2,3,mean.. sad.gif
Get all possible bolt-on NA mods there (BBTB, CAI, Exhaust, Header, etc) and replace to a stronger clutch.

The stages mean the level of power it can handle. Stage 0 is stock power, Stage 1 is Bolt ons, etc.
Old 08-25-2002, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fast.Shark:
Now hwere might I get it installed?
Dealership or performance shop?
And how long should the install take (trying to judge the install cost)
IS the CM "stage 1" good enough to last(with the thought of Zex/NX down the road) on a N/A tibby?
Or would stage 2 be the better route?
What is the "normal" life on a stock clutch, CM "stage 1", or stage 2?

Thanks again...
Well, fast.shark, i'd presonally would go for a reputable performance shop however, any shop that does engine/tranny work will be able to do a good job too. Install time shouldn't be longer than 2-3 hours start to finish. It depends on whoes doing it. That's why i recommend a pro-shop since it's a given they may be more familiar with the procedure. Stage 1 should be a good compromise for drivability and functionality. I've had my Stage 1 on for about 10k and it feels as if i just had it installed yesterday. Clutch pedal feel isn't heavy and i believe it'll be fine with every bolt on in the book with nitrous (given you're not spraying the purple kool-aid at a 100 shot or something). I'm not sure how long a stage 1 will last compared to a stage 2...since stage 1 is made from an organic material compared to the stage 2 which is a carbon kevlar composite (if i remember correctly). So for cost effectiveness it all depends on the car. I personally went for stage 1 since i didn't plan on running nitrous but i did have most of the bolt ons. Maybe a stage 2 might be better for you. Or maybe you don't want to spend the money. Either way it's better than a stock clutch.
A stock clutch can last anywhere from 20k to 100k. It depends on the skill of the driver, how many burnouts one does, how many times one has tried to impress the pretty chick by letting her drive your car (which i've done quite some time...but hey she's my girlfriend now. ), etc. Anyway, i hope i didn't make this too long.

Oh and Angelos... go to the clutchmasters web stie and read this.... it might make more sense wink
This link is for Angelos!! (and other inquiring individuals!)