Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

shifttronic

Old 01-09-2002, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shifttronic

heyyy i have a 96 accent right now..but im gonna be lookin2get another car by my bday(aug)&im leanin towards the 03tib if its not too $$..well anyways my Q is how does the shiftronic transmission work?not sure but i think its an option on the new tib.id like the 6speed but dunno how 2 drive stick.&if an emergency came up nobody in my family knows how2 drive stick. k,thanks ahead of time!laterz!
Old 01-09-2002, 10:20 AM

I just came form the new model technical training for the 2003 Tiburon and it look great, I want to get one as soon as it come as avaliable

The shift tronic is basicly an automatic with an up and down switch to select gears but is no replacement for the real manual. the 6 speed is amazing the way it is constructed, dual syncros for all the forward gears and even a syncro for reverse.

As for learning how to drive a manual it very simple once you learn you will never go back to an automatic. I'm sure your sale rep can teach you how to drive one when you are going to buy one.
Old 01-09-2002, 12:20 PM

I have an XG with shiftronic. When you place the shifter stick to Drive position is fully automatic DUH! Well, when in that position you can move the shifter stick towards the passenger side and the shiftronic engages in whatever gear you are driving at the moment. From there on you just give a little push forward for a higher gear or backwards for a lower gear. When you are done you just move the stick to the drive position and you go fully auto again. There is no clutch pedal. Go to a Hyundai dealer and drive a XG. Nice for ease of driving during rush hour and a little fun when you want to play with it a little but nothing can compare to the fun of stick driving, specially a sports car.
Old 01-10-2002, 03:05 AM

the new sonata's have shiftronic as well, just in case ur dealer is out of XG's as mine is always whenever im there, but they do have WRX's thpough that my salesman lets me take out for an hour or 2....