Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

Shifter Mod

Old 08-23-2013, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tib
Default Shifter Mod

So after years of aftermarket shifters with no stoppers,no shaft angle,broken pivot balls,spilled coffee from knuckles hitting the tray,and missed third shifts at the track,I decided to mod the stocker.

First the middle was cut out,threads welded back on,grinded,sleved,and rewelded.I grounded down the pivot ball(because I don't have the stock sleve anymore) down to fit the aftermarket teflon sleve,a little grinding of my shift knob, and done. No more missed shifts,the angle and height is perfect, no more cable strain and floppyness as the stoppers work.,I'm actually surprised how good it works since I've been using aftermarkets for so long.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:08 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Sweet!

Building my 1.8 trans out soon, then comes the swap. Info like this is veyr nice. Plus it's just good to see others showing love for their RDs even after all of these years.

So does this mean you're looking to offload one of the aftermarket jobs?
Old 08-24-2013, 06:34 AM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

i'm still on my stock shifter thats been rebuilt with new collars, bushings, i prefer the stock throw cause it saves the syncros, short shifters are great but they require more effort to shift since the shifting torque compared to the tall stock shifter is reduced.