Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

Quaife LSD

Old 10-31-2016, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002/tiburon
Default Quaife LSD

If anyone could help please ..i have twin disc push clutch installed with 2001 elantra push type transmission, its 5 speed 2.0...my car is 2003 tiburon 2.0..everything is working fine ,but

The issue is that Quaifi LSD sits higher than OEM so it didn't fit ..i have the correct Quaife LSD with mitsu speedo bought from slow 2k2gt ..any Idea how to find LSD that will fit correctly ?
Old 11-11-2016, 10:35 AM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Quaife P/N should be QDH8B. Is that what you have?
Old 11-11-2016, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Shim behind the bearing might be too thick. Did you measure the height of the old diff before you pulled it out? You need to do that so you can get the correct shim for the new diff. They probably don't use the same shim thickness.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:45 PM

Vehicle: 2002/tiburon

Thank you guys..yes the number matches,but the mechanic didn't know where to shim, i suppose shim will be below the gears so it will be higher to clear the LSD? If shim goes below LSD it will go further up and will not have clearence with the gears
Old 11-11-2016, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

The shim goes between the bearing and the case. When you split the trans case, the diff should be sitting in one half of the case. You use a straight edge laid across the case to measure the height of the diff. After you install new bearings on your new diff, you set it in the case and measure the height. The difference in height tells you if you need a thicker or thinner shim so that the new diff sits in the same spot as the old one.

If you didn't measure your old diff before you installed the new one, you're going to have to take it to a driveline or tranny shop and have them use paint on the gears to check the mesh pattern. They can look at the paint and determine the correct shim to use.