Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

People with Automatics.

Old 09-17-2002, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People with Automatics.

This is a nice transmission cooler at a decent price.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/item.jhtml;$sessi...D=67579&BQ=jcw2

Also B&M Trick Shift Fluid, is recommended by some of the ppl. Seems to kick the tranny in the ass and to get up and moving.
Old 09-17-2002, 07:37 PM

Cool (pun intended)
Old 09-17-2002, 11:55 PM

I paid much less for my cooler but the B&M unit is much nicer than mine. The fins on mine have bent some. That one is reinforced at the edges and looks clean. I think B&M products are top notch.
Old 09-18-2002, 01:10 AM

killa. r they easy to install like it says?
Old 09-18-2002, 03:15 AM

looks good. im thinking about buying one and installing it when i get back from vacation. is 60 bux worth it though. ive seen some locally for like 30? does it really matter as far as brands when it comes to coolers?
Old 09-18-2002, 03:24 AM

they are dead simple to install it only takes time. The B&M one is on the high side as far as price. You can get one localy for much less but the B&M one is high quality. The one I bought from pep-boys was rated for 12,000 and was about 25 bucks. It has and open fin design though and can easily be bent. Remember that they are rated on gross vehicle weight. That one at JCW is rated at 24,000 lbs. That one is for one ton trucks towing heavy trailers on a reqular basis. You can get a smaller one from the same company and will be more than adequate and safe some cash. Do a search for Brendan's website and you find a complete how-to on install with pics.
Old 09-18-2002, 03:52 AM

DESIGN:
they are dead simple to install it only takes time. The B&M one is on the high side as far as price. You can get one localy for much less but the B&M one is high quality. The one I bought from pep-boys was rated for 12,000 and was about 25 bucks. It has and open fin design though and can easily be bent. Remember that they are rated on gross vehicle weight. That one at JCW is rated at 24,000 lbs. That one is for one ton trucks towing heavy trailers on a reqular basis. You can get a smaller one from the same company and will be more than adequate and safe some cash. Do a search for Brendan's website and you find a complete how-to on install with pics.
NOOOOOOO!!! dont give such bad advice please.

Ignore the rating. You want this cooler, listen to a 2 year tiburon 2000 automatic owner. THIS IS THE COOLER YOU WANT. YOU PAY WHAT YOU GET.

I had 3 coolers, and THIS ONE WAS DA BEST trust me on that. IN that 110degree heat, its really shines.

Or if you like to shift your auto.

24,000 is not bad, I would really recommend a 36,000 unit.

You want that extra cooling when you are ****ing around, spirited driving, NOS, tons of N/A mods, Super Hot Days.

I would not advertise you guys a bad product or one that was run of them mill. I am telling you I give this one my guarantee!.

I could told you go buy that 6,000 rated one for civic. for $20 bucks at pepboys. But that wont do for our cars.
Old 09-18-2002, 05:07 AM

Well then... I do not have many engine mods nor do I drive my car very hard. I do however fight Dallas traffic for two hours everyday. I also did not plumb my cooler as a stand alone replacement for the stock system. I ran this cooler inline with the existing system as a prevenative measure based on the common failures in Hyundai Automatics. The B&M cooler is far better than the one I have. It is one of the best coolers on the market. Is it the one that everyone needs? Well that's up to each person. In the long run Any cooler will help if used right and even 60 bucks is much better than a busted tranny.
I am not sure if you can make the tranny run too cool durring non peak temp seasons. That's not a concern here but to others it may be.
Old 09-18-2002, 05:12 AM

yeah im thinking about gettin it. texas heat sucks. during the winter...well there is no winter.

but where would i mount it and should i put it inline with the stock pieces?
Old 09-18-2002, 05:24 AM

I live in PA smile.gif Bitter cold winter. I still say, use it, but yes, hook it up inline with the stock tranny cooler.

You wanan keep the stock one routed in, for warranty reasons.