Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

HELP!! Transmission Problems?

Old 05-13-2001, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default HELP!! Transmission Problems?

Zup guys! I was wondering if someone could help shed some light on a possible problem. I noticed the other day when I was driving a really bad metal on metal grinding noise on my car. It only happens when I'm at 3000 rpm's and up. It also happens either when the clutch is pushed in, or if the car is in neutral and I rev the engine. So I know it can't be the clutch since the noise happens when either I'm driving in gear or in neautral. The sound really sounds like when you have no brakes and when you hear metal rubbing metal, except not as loud. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I'm taking the car to the dealer on Wends. for them to check it out. I have to wait until they have a rental for me take otherwise my car would be there now. Oh well...doesn't matter because it obviously sounds like either a tranny or engine issue and that's all covered under my nice 10 year bumper2bumper warranty! Any advice would be great..thanx......
Old 05-13-2001, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Dude, I hate to tell you this, but it sounds like you have a piston flopping around. It may be making contact with your valves over 3000 RPM, or it may just be "wiggleing" over 3000 RPM.

A friend of mine just had a similar problem happen to his hopped up VW corrado. Don't drive it if you can help it. If you can carpool or ask for rides, or drive another car...DO IT.

If you have any engine mods, I suggest you remove them and return that puppy to 100% stock condition.

It could be something "simple", but if you are hearing grinding metal noises, that is never good.

Please, keep us posted.

[ May 13, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]