Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

help with an auto tranny....

Old 03-15-2003, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with an auto tranny....

Everytime I drive my car about 100 miles or more without stopping I get the check engine light....I've had the tranny rebuilt 4 times in the last 6 months and everytime they keep pulling the same codes (IE: Solenoid A stuck on; incorrect gear ratio; Electrical circuit stuck on; and another code for the torque converter)....my question is this. Could this be a problem with the car's computer sending wrong signals?? If so how much would it cost to get it reprogrammed/a new one????
Old 03-15-2003, 08:14 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

MAybe it is a good time to swap to a manual tranny. Search around for info regarding a m/t swap.
Old 03-15-2003, 08:35 AM

The only problem with that is my wife also has to drive this car and she can't drive a manual....she can barely drive an auto lol.....
Old 03-15-2003, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

ask your dealer to look at the TCM to verify that the TCM is working properly. Some TCM's were known to have problems and they should have been swapped out with a newer/known good TCM.

Check your service records to see if your dealer ever replaced your TCM.