Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

Gearboxs.. Power limits ? new years ? any better ?

Old 10-06-2012, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Accent
Default Gearboxs.. Power limits ? new years ? any better ?

Hey guys,

As some of you may of heard i have a clutch issue. So i was thinking about upgrading it.

I already have a fully Forged Turbo Beta Engine. (Still in tuning at 5PSI)

I would like to know the safe Limits on the 1999 Tib Gearboxs and if any of newer gearboxs are stronger. So i can order the right Clutch (stage 2/3/4)

Im using both Beta Drive shafts/lines and beta Gearbox

Is 250Bhp Safe ?
Old 10-07-2012, 04:49 PM

Vehicle: 01 tib t3t4

Im pretty sure you will be ok up to 270 wheel I have been for a while now. act or clutch masters stage 3's work well at that level. Im not really sure of any trans upgrades or swaps that will be any stronger just dont no lift shift and you should be fine. Now go put some more boost to it.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:02 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

If you want a gearbox for a beta that hold power reliably you basically have to build one.

If you can build a motor a gearbox isn't that much more difficult, and shot peen, cryo, wpc, what ever you decide to go with isn't a terrible amount. iirc If you send them the goods, most shops quoited 150-300 depending upon the treatments done and includes all disassembly. Considering how cheap beta trans come these days, it's a pretty decent investment. (Keep in mind the USED 6 speed for my 944 was close to 10x what my used beta unit cost.)