Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

flwheel options...

Old 11-06-2010, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon
Default flwheel options...

i have the option of getting a stock or an 11lbs flywheel. i've researched quite a bit.

i plan on running 8psi on my stock engine with the megasquirt ecu for tuning. keeping this my DD.

im unsure if the lightweight flywheel will benefit me in the long run. it would help acceleration right now, but i will loose low end power.

i would like to have the low end to help with turbo lag.

any opinions from anyone running low boost on stock or lightweight flywheels?

also i will be running this clutch
Old 11-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

i ran the chromoly on my tiburon when i was boosted at 8lbs, really liked it. rev'd faster.

if you actually lose low end power, that will be good.. lag is traction... don't really understand how you will lose power though.. the only thing you will lose as far as i know is weight (good) but you will lose some of the momentum of the heavier flywheel.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:09 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

i ended up buying a stock one so now i have stock 00-01 and 98-99 flywheels. i got a good deal on it. i also read alot on lightweight flywheels cause syncro wear. i may buy the lightweight when i actually boost.

im thinking im gonna run a t25 or a td05