Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

Did you take your drivers test in a manual?

Old 03-05-2013, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon
Default Did you take your drivers test in a manual?

Its different in every state but I have heard that if you take your drivers test in a manual and you stall out even once, you fail. Dont know how true that is but did anyone take their test in a 5 or 6 speed? Mine was in an auto so I have no room to say anything. :biggrin:
Old 03-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

No, but that would be a dumb thing to fail someone on... most people get nervous in a test like that.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:01 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

I took my test in an auto. I actually owned a manual, but took my Mom's car instead. They can fail you if you make too many mistakes when shifting. I could drive standard but never really down-shifted at the time (put it in N and coasted) and they would have failed me for it.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:54 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

In australia, if you do your test in an auto, your licence is only endorsed for an auto. Fair enough IMO, you should be able to run a five speed under a bit of pressure.

The examiner was confused by engine braking and said that nobody ever did that, 'but she'll make an exception and not fail me'. Gee, thanks mother teresa.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:21 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT

I drove an auto but I don't think it would have matter what I drove I had a guy and he was cool we talked about all kind of stuff. I don't see why people get so nervous...
Old 03-06-2013, 07:55 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Automatic, just to get the document. My test lady attempted to fail me intentionally. I did everything correctly, and narrowly passed.

My driving school instructor gave me all +'s. By the third day he was so confident he forgot he was grading me!

Little did they know... I grew up in Poland. Rally country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfqrzYyA09Y