Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

Clutch break in period

Old 09-01-2010, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Tib
Default Clutch break in period

So I replaced my clutch with an Exedy and had my flywheel resurfaced. I know that on average that there is about 1000 mile break in period. But what are you suppose to drive like during that period? Should i stay out of high RPMs or boost all together? Give it a little here and there? Boost the hell out of it? Keep my rpm's below 3k? Do you break it in nice and easy or romp on it a little?

I know that this is probably a very opinionated question/answer but I'm open to your "honest" opinions.

thanks in advance! bowdown.gif
Old 09-01-2010, 08:53 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Accent

I pretty much asked the same question here https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/in...c=52771&hl=
I put 100 miles on my clutch before I started racing on it at the drag strip and it had no issues. It has about 500 or so miles on it now and the last 100 have been boosted and still no issues.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:47 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Well you already know the deal, every clutch is different, With my Push clutch conversion (Via De) I am running a CC Stage 4 6 puck. Which has held up amazingly, and is very streetable bolted to my Fidanza Light weight flywheel! For break in I put 300 Miles on it before i Dug to deep. But for those 300 miles i wouldnt let it slip to much leaving lights and when cruising i would often down shift or shift up just to change the RPM's it was spinning at, Never really got on it, maybe a few times but no boost. Then after that till about 650 miles i boosted but at lights i would try to take off smoother, not letting it slip to much still but not breaking traction either, but i did get on it a bit more, nothing higher then like 4500 rpms, and also my boost was at 8psi, as low as my WG would let me run, Now i got 15psi boost, tires spinning grip and totally trafficable clutch!!!!!