Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

Clutch!

Old 04-24-2002, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch!

I brought my car in to the dealer Tuesday night and left it there for Wednesday for them to check out my clutch and first gear because it was stuttering when I put it gear. So I went to pick it up last night and they told me that I needed a new clutch. So I now have to bring it back in next week to have them install it. It sux that I have to do it, but its under warranty until 12,000 miles so after 12,000 miles I have to pay for it and everything. If I blow another clutch I'm gunna get a new one that I want not from Hyundai. ahh!

~Greg
Old 04-25-2002, 09:12 AM

Ya, when you think about it. If you buy the Stage III now. Just tell them that they can send the clutch back for warranty and they get their replacement. Tell them to keep the replacement if they put your new Stage III clutch in.

The clutch is what $200 or so? So thats $200 for a replacement on another car. So really its a win win situation.

Personally I would do it if I was the service manager.
Old 04-25-2002, 09:45 AM

That sounds good, but I already ran it by my parents and they said no not till the warranty is up on the clutch which isn't so far away, I have 8,235miles on it now, so when it runs up then I'll change it, I'll have my dealer install it or someone. Thanx guys.

~Greg
Old 04-26-2002, 02:30 AM

hey wheres this group buy center????
i need a clutch

Whats the site addy?
Old 04-26-2002, 02:40 AM

I want to upgrade my clutch. Will any lightweight flywheel be good or does it have to be machined to the clutch?

also is all you need is the clutch istelf? .. i dont understand too much about clutches xept for how the KINDA work... i keep hearing about chaing pressure plate... do i need to do this? where do i get it?
Old 04-26-2002, 04:39 AM

SCCA 01 Elantra:
Also the clutch right not the clutchmaster stage 3 is on sale over at groupbuy center for $260. Don't forget an aluminum flywheel. smile.gif
hey man i cant find it
i found the site, registered, but no clutchamster clutches,... i did find a nice flywheel though smile.gif
Old 04-28-2002, 05:50 PM

*cough* i need clutch *cough*

BTW,... a lighter flywheel allows you to accelerate more

Clutches usually come with pressure plates

The reason you get an upgraded clutch is to handle more power,... if you have only done intake/headers/exhuast,... then you really dont need one

BUT, if your running a turbo, supercharger, and/or nitrous then you should definantly get one
Old 04-29-2002, 09:12 PM

I have been dealing with this for a month now.
I have a Clutchmasters Stage 1 here on my desk, waiting to go in and after looking everywhere, (online)for a lighter, (STRONG) flywheel, I was informed by Lonni at Clutchmasters that they will have a Tiburon flywheel ready in 30 days. That will be June. No other company that makes tranny products has the solid reputation of Clutchmasters. (from the info I have gathered)(race proven)(warranty)
I will wait another month for this flywheel to be ready to ship.

I was loosing power before because of the weak clutch slipping. This is the cure for that.
I was tired of the burning smell. Later!

Clutch Masters

Stage 1-Bolt ons , 50 shot NOS

Stage 2-Bolt ons Forced Induction or NOS

Stage 3-Minor Motor, and or 100 shot NOS

Stage 4-Major Motor, Forced Induction, Big Shot NOS

Stage 5-Drag only

Peace