Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

Clutch

Old 09-16-2002, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: FX Coupe
Default Clutch

Can someone help me out here...

Im getting a new clutch and the company im getting it from told me that their..

"HD clutch kit comprises of a semi ceramic four pucker clutch disc with a standard weight cover plate. The best of all worlds as not heavy on the foot but 50% stronger on the clutch surface."

Is this good for a N20 setup? and eventually turboing?

Whats a four pucker clutch disk?

Any web sites that can describe this for me or anyone that can help?

Thanks/..
Old 09-16-2002, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

4 PUCK clutch. meaning the clutch has 4 large "pucks" or friction areas. the more "pucks" the more friction surface area the clutch has.(with a few exceptions)

The standard weight PRESSURE plate means this clutch is worthless. The pressure plate is the clamping force of the clutch on the flywheel. as HP increases, in addition to going to a higher friction material, you need to go with a stronger pressure plate to HOLD the friction material against the pressure plate. Having a stock or "light" pressure plate is fairly worthless.

The clutchmasters stage 1 is good for a claimed 70% over stock. I would reccomend it for nitrous, or a "light" turbo (under 200 WHP).

I would really reccomend the stage 2 for the turbo.

The stage 3 and up is for the really crazy guys.
Old 09-17-2002, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

or you could try kore-motorsports.com i just bought a stage two racing clutch for like 250 bucks. thats cheap, and they are supposed to be really good. you also might want to look into getting a fidenza aluminum flywheel for even more horse to the ground and better response.