Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

b & m short shifter broken

Old 07-28-2002, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b & m short shifter broken

Ok here is the deal. the wife and i we out partying last night. we were going to a different club with a friend of yours. It's about 4 AM. Well she's driving cause i'm drunk as hell.Well anyhow she pulls into the parking long and then just slams it into first. Well she was going about 10-15 when she decided to slam it in a gear. I don't know how many times this as been done with her driving. But i do know it won't happen again. But you know where the ss has the nipple that sticks out the bottom? Well that is were it broke clean off. I need to know how to get it replace by b & m. The box said a million mile warrenty. But I don't know if that covers women. But i'll try to get some pics on here.
Old 07-28-2002, 07:37 PM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

Write in or call and ask about the warranty. Don't mention the drunk part and the slamming part though, or you may get a hard time from the service staff.

Good luck!
Old 07-29-2002, 06:21 AM

Well they are sending me a new the new part. they are sending me the steal one instead of an aluminum one. Maybe that is why it broke.
Old 07-29-2002, 07:55 AM

Let us know how quick you recieve the replacement-sounds like good customer service. (Do you reccomend it, besides that?)
Old 07-29-2002, 11:15 AM

Well i love the shifter. I left them a message sunday night. And they were gonna call me back. But i couldn't wait. So i called them back. But I was on hold for like 20mins and it wasn't and 800 number. But i'll be sure to post when i get the new one.