Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

99 tiburon Automatic Rebuild kits

Old 05-20-2011, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

according to ____________?
Old 05-21-2011, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

The Almighty Google

A while back, when I was looking at transmission mods, I ran across this company and after googling them to find out what kind of reputation they had the vote was pretty well unanimous.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:07 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Sonata

Well I don't want to be guilty of pushing bad ideas, so I did some research myself. Seems Tibbi is right. It's easy to find bad news about Level 10 products on the forums. Found Toyota and Nissan forums saying that Level 10 transmissions are junk. There doesn't seem to be many out there talking about using them in Hyundais, but, a few grand for a 'bulletproof' trans with a bad reputation?.. I don't think I would try it.

So that gets you back where you started...sorry.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:58 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

It's fair enough and no harm done. I looked at them a while back when I was researching transmission goodies for my thread (which is shamefully I never finished) but even for what one spends there you can send the trans to California, pay them to disassemble it WPC every part AND send for cryo AND pay for reassembly.

Either way you look at it the manual swap is a far superior plan for any kind of serious driving.