Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

5 speed for beta engine question

Old 11-29-2010, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default 5 speed for beta engine question

Alright so my fun car an 01 tiburon is down right now with the 5 speed transmission pretty much shot. gear oil gunk and the unforgiving noise tells me so.

Anyways I am trying to future proof the transmission for my future modifications. Eventually (maybe even this winter) I am going to install custom engine management software/ecu. And will start off with a smallish t3/t4 hybrid type turbo and all the support upgrades for the engine. Staying with the Beta 1 block but beta ii head and doing some magic with the cams valves and fuel system. The suspension, chassis stiffening and supporting bushings have been upgraded to handle the power. But I am still a noob in the Hyundai world. So I am hoping to figure out which transmission would be best for my 01 beta 1 block and say future proof hp figures of over 400hp. Do any transmissions that fit this block offer any better options then the stock? Which one has the closest gear ratios for racing application specifically time trials on road track and small to medium size autocross tracks. Do we have any aftermarket support that has performance bearing, synchros, and gears for our transmission. I know quaiffe makes 6 speed conversion kits for some sport performance cars but couldn't find a specific application for our cars. I would like to have this thing back together before spring at the minimum with the stock engine and the newly selected transmission.