Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

How to properly setup the O2 sensors w/o stupid stuff

Old 07-09-2012, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default How to properly setup the O2 sensors w/o stupid stuff

ok after reading about 1234234 different threads with people having sooooo many issues with o2 sensors and check engine lights imma post how i had my car setup when i had a header

the video you will see later will be with my turboed vehicle but you will get the gist of it

you DONT have to cut wiring

you DONT have to buy spark plug foul crap

if you cant easily get the 1st o2 sensor to line up BUY 2 REAR O2 SENSORS they are exactly the same albeit longer wiring, i was able to use the factory ones with no issues

alright down to business

for the front o2 sensor

for the rear o2 sensor

carsound makes a catalytic converter WITH THE O2 BUNGS ALREADY INSTALLED, if you get the one with 2 bungs, plug the first one, you want your exhaust to go:

1. midpipe o2 sensor near where all 4 collectors meet

2. catalytic converter

3. rear o2 sensor

as for the wiring:

the harness itself has A TON of slack to it, unbolt it from the firewall and remove the o2 sensor wiring from the harness, re sheath it in a new loom and move it where you need it

heres a video that sorta explains it, and yes i cut my loom off to show you guys how to do this, you guys owe me some zipties

(click on this)

Old 07-09-2012, 02:23 PM

Vehicle: F2 Evolution

On my GK, the sensors had different plug sockets front and rear, 1 was male, 1 was female.

Nive to know now, O2 sensor CEL was ne of many problems I had with the GK. luckily the RD's seem to be less sensitive.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:25 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

this is basically for the RD/J2 models im pretty sure they switched o2 sensor types in the XD and GK models so it could be different
Old 07-11-2012, 09:34 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Thank you sir!!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:39 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I did this exactly. Carsound makes a cat with one O2 bung already in it in the back. I made sure it was the right cat for my car too. Didn't work.

We'll see. I'm sitting here waiting for the CEL to come on with the stock parts. My Tiburon is a Rev A. Maybe that has something to do with this whole thing.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:25 PM

Vehicle: 02/Hyundai/Elantra GLS

ill have to try this out as i have had a CEL for my o2 sensor forever i i just hope this works with my turbo set up and the sensors are in the right places cause in the pic of the header that is were my second o2 sensor is so inreality i would just have to get this converter put in

i so hope this works