Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

Would you like this feature added?

Old 05-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Would you like this feature added?

So Ive been working on an idea and feature to add to the site, but put it on hold a couple of months ago. I wanted to see if anyone here would think it would be a cool thing to have.

Lets say you're doing something on your car, and you decide you want to make a thread on the forum about it, but you're not near a computer. Most people would just fire up the site on their phone, make a post, and be done with it. But, what if you wanted to add a pic to your thread or post?

Say every single member had their own unique Hyundai Aftermarket email address, where they could snap a pic with their phones, email the pic to their HA addy, and the pic got dumped into their own unique folder, on the HA server. You then could then browse the folder with your images when creating a thread or post with your mobile phone, and then attach the pic to the thread or post any time you wanted.

The folder would be secured and no other member or outside person could view the contents. Only you, the folder owner. But once you add an image to your post or thread, then all members would be able to see it.

Cool idea? Bad idea? Give me your opinions!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Cool idea - but I suspect 5 members would use it. Is it worth your time/effort for those 5 members to post/host pics?
Old 05-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Agreed. Guess it depends on how hard it would be to implement.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I'd never use it. Computers are never that far away if I feel like making a new thread.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Could see a use for that especially for help threads and wtf is this threads. I can't be bothered to sync my phone everytime I take a pic of the car so maybe this will give people an excuse to share more?