Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

Whats Goin On?

Old 03-02-2006, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

well first off flash chat, what happened when will it be back?

what happened to the member map? just dissapear?

rd mart still doesnt work and i bet it will never work again. mite aswell just take it off the menu at the top.

i thought army was gonna come back? or was that a switch from army to arcade?

will we ever get the old skins back? i liked the black version the best i dont like this brite baby chit green soo called lime skin and the others dont have all the options on the top like lime does.

i also noticed the site was down last saturday. no thread or post mentioned it so im kinda curious.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

First, please read the other threads that are up, several of these have been discussed, recently.

Remember, Joshuwa was the forum tech doing all the work, and is now banned from the site by his work and he can't come here anymore.

1. The flashchat went down when the site was down last weekend, I've emailed Java and Supercow about it, it's still down. PM or email them to get it fixed, I can't do it, yet. It'll be back when they fix it.

2. Members map, I hadn't checked it in some time, but it's away for now. We need to decide on ONE members map and stick with it, get it installed and keep it.

3. RD Mart will return, so you lost that bet. The folks that make the software haven't updated it for the new major release of the forums that we did back late last year. When they do, or we find a good replacement, it's back.

4. Army isn't coming back. Too many whiney b****es and cheaters.

5. All the options were fixed in the other skins some time ago. Use one of the other skins or suggest a new one. No, we won't be getting any of the old skins back. Several of the other ones are dark. Don't knock the Lime ones, they were custom made for us and very nice.

6. I think you emailled me about the site being down. I belive I answered it. There was a site error. It's fixed.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

what happend to Joshuwa?
Old 03-03-2006, 07:37 PM

^^as the post says his work (place of employment) banned him from coming to this site.

well i didn't notice any other threads about this so i appologies.

why can't we get the old skins? really i don't mind lime but it gets old and the other skins kinda look generic like they were just thrown together.

i never have e mailed or pmed u about this. how did a site error occur? a mistake on the admin part? or hacker? or what?

oh and btw im a premier member and with some of the skins i still get adds.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:42 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

having too many skins can turn into more work. its not as simple as making a skin and implementing it and there ya go. you have to make all the add ons (even though none work right now) work w/ that particular skin. it can get time consuming
Old 03-03-2006, 09:35 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tb1198 @ Mar 3 2006, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>what happend to Joshuwa?</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Mar 2 2006, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Remember, Joshuwa was the forum tech doing all the work, and is now banned from the site by his work and he can't come here anymore.</div>

LOL

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SilentSecret @ Mar 3 2006, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>well i didn't notice any other threads about this so i appologies.</div>

Sallright, they are spread out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>why can't we get the old skins? really i don't mind lime but it gets old and the other skins kinda look generic like they were just thrown together.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>5. All the options were fixed in the other skins some time ago. <span style="color:#FF0000">Use one of the other skins or suggest a new one.</span> No, we won't be getting any of the old skins back. Several of the other ones are dark. Don't knock the Lime ones, they were custom made for us and very nice.</div>

Seriously. Find some nice ones, put them up in the Premier Members section for voting, if everyone agrees, in the majority, we'll get some new skins on here and finalize it.

Sparticus is right though, we thinned out the skins because mainaining them was a PITA.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>i never have e mailed or pmed u about this. how did a site error occur? a mistake on the admin part? or hacker? or what?</div>

Several folks emailed me, I thought you were one of them. Like I said...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>6. I <span style="color:#CC0000"><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">think</span></span> you emailled me about the site being down. I belive I answered it. There was a site error. It's fixed.</div>

How did it occur? Who knows. Doesn't matter.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>oh and btw im a premier member and with some of the skins i still get adds.</div>

Be specific and I'll try to get it fixed, the ads were Joshuwa's idea, and now...
Old 03-03-2006, 09:48 PM

ok more specific all the other skins have adds tongue.gif

and can we put a rd1 in the banner with the rd2 where it says where tuning becomes an addiction?
Old 03-03-2006, 09:54 PM

Get someone to draw one, and maybe. Joshuwa would have to do it though, he made this skin.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:42 AM

Vehicle: 99 Tibron

if someone can change the image up top(just the link) and auburnnfan can draw a rd1 that looks the same(if not i'll try sometime) i can make it very similar with both rd1 and rd2
Old 03-04-2006, 07:08 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

i want it all back how much money will it cost ,, maybe we need to have a fund raser or something