Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

Welcome to the new version of Hyundai Aftermarket!

Old 10-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Welcome to the new version of Hyundai Aftermarket!

So, as you all can see...the forum has been upgraded. The reason for the 24 hour downtime is because on my test server, I have an untouched copy of Invision without the RDT merger on it. Since the SQL tables are a bit different and hacked up some due to the merger, the new version didnt mesh well with it. So alot of tables had to be edited and re-written. That was the major part of it.

So the new version is completely different from what most of you were used to. But its for the best. The site will run at a much quicker speed, the search feature is now enhanced and much better to handle a forum of this size, and theres alot of social networking features built in, like the side bar. If the side bar is annoying to you, you can close it so that the forum expands back to the normal size.

Here are the to-do's that are still on my plate and will be finished up by this weekend:

1. Arcade

2. Tutorials to be added back

3. Garage

4. Time Slips

5. Better Portal System

Skins

There are a couple of skins added now but I will be adding some much better ones by this weekend as well. So bear with me on that one.

Alot of people are asking how do you check for the latest posts. Under the search bar, you will see where it says "View New Content" Thats where the latest posts will be listed.

Take some time and go through your profiles as well and update stuff. Try and get familiar with all the new features added now, and as always....if there are any questions or issues or bugs, please let me know. Thanks everyone!
Old 10-28-2010, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Problem I just noticed is that instead of merging posts when double posting it is just letting the double post stay. Will it go back to how it was with the merging or will I just have to hit edit
Old 10-28-2010, 04:50 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

the search works really well. that alone was worth the upgrade!
Old 10-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Originally Posted by Bommello
Problem I just noticed is that instead of merging posts when double posting it is just letting the double post stay. Will it go back to how it was with the merging or will I just have to hit edit
That was a feature on RDT. I don't believe it was ever a feature on HA. Although, that could be a suggestion for improvement.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:20 PM

I'm pretty sure it was on here. I think I've done it on here.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Nope...never had that setting in place here.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:40 PM

Oh well I'll just use the edit button then lol
Old 10-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

As a long-time complainer that IPB blue didn't come with the rest of RDT to HA, I say hooray for the new default skin!

Also, thanks Visionz for the work. I know it must have been (and will continue for some time to be) a huge pain in the ...
Old 10-29-2010, 06:12 AM
Administrator

Thanks Stocker. This wasnt as much of a pain as the merger was. So thats good. But its just weird getting used to the new forum since everything is so different. Im sure after a few days of being on the site, it'll just be like second nature to know how to do stuff and where everything is located. Thats the fun in it though. Its like a treasure hunt trying to find what the new stuff does and where its all at!
Old 10-29-2010, 09:23 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Tibby

Where's my pink skin! :angry:

lol I like the new look and how it alot like facebook.