Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

Support The Administrators

Old 07-28-2008, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking about all the hard work being an administrator of this site must be!!! I come on here as a hobby, but damn, feeling obligated to come here, answering dozens of emails per day (probably all the same mundane questions), setting up group buys, dealing with different vendors, members, (many of who fail to keep promises, delay in answering,.....), is hard work. And we all benefit from it!

How about hosting this site and maintaining it?!

The worst is that the admins are doing this as volunteer work. They don't get paid.

We all make use of this site, and I'm sure we all agree that when it's down you feel bored in front of your computer. We all enjoy working on our cars, and being able to rely on this site, the admins, and its members is just AWESOME!!!

It would be nice if we did sort of like a fund-raiser to support all of the administration that goes on here. I know that there's a "Donate" link at the top, but how many have even seen it? laugh.gif

I'm hoping that you guys will contribute. My goal would be to raise $1000. I would like to start off at $100. You can even donate $1. Believe me, with all the members on here, $1 each will quickly enable us to get close to this goal.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Although I am not an Admin it is nice to see this. We usually just get a lot of b****ing. The donate link at the top and the memberships you guys can purchase are for maintaining the site when we need upgrades or anything like that.

Im on here all the time anyway and Im glad I can finally help out. You are right about the same emails and PMs daily but you get used to that. Lately we havent seen as much activity as usual I dont think. Dontaions are always welcome. Like I said it goes to site maintenance and also to some site tools we have available (We also bought the parts listing pages with donated money)
Old 07-28-2008, 08:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

thanks a bunch for the support. i haven't been on here hardly at all as of late(i'll be on more during the semester hopefully), but i know redz and java will appreciate it a lot.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:27 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

i'll take donations. $15/hour. i'd say on average 3 hours a day. although about 3 years ago i was on here like 8 hours a day. but, for averages sake i'll just say 3. 5 years worth. you owe me roughly $82,000

headbang.gif

thanks for the thread though
Old 07-28-2008, 10:46 PM

^^ lmao.gif

Damn, Sparticus, I tried transferring $82,000 via paypal but it said that I could only send up to $3,000. Oh well, I tried. I guess I won't be able to transfer that amount after all. laugh.gif

But seriously, I can imagine all the hard work you guys put in. I know that many members here can contribute even if just $1. I feel better knowing that I can contribute to this site because I feel like you guys do so much for us. One of my favourites: the group buys. If this site was private, I'd definitely pay a reasonable amount to join.

Anyway, I'm calling on all of our friends to support this site... It will be interesting to see the kind of support we get ...
Old 07-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

as stated, the 'Donate' funds are used to purchase the forum software and keep it updated. The admins and techs run this site and dedicate a large part of their lives to making it work. This isn't a cash generating website as you can all tell. Donations help cover costs, they don't go in anyone's pocket.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:31 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

hmmm...not what i thought this thread was going to be about when i saw it in gripes and complaints, good deal.

getting things made for us is where i try to focus most of my time, but most of this i can do from work so it really isnt that big of deal so to say.

it is nice to hear a "atta boy" once in awhile, wish my boss would do that more,lol, thanks.

fing02.gif fing02.gif fing02.gif fing02.gif fing02.gif fing02.gif fing02.gif
Old 07-29-2008, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

^ I thought the same thing - I moved it to Site Questions and Suggestions, as that seems like a more appropriate 'feedback' forum.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:41 AM

i sent my donation a while ago, $88.50- $12 for the actual ghetto valve cover. your welcome.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:45 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

fury... i'll take the $3000. it would support my move to ABQ!!