Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

Suggestion For Us

Old 06-04-2008, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I was browsing other sites and there was a good idea on NT.com

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67087

To my knowledge I have not seen this on our site and i think it would help new people get idea of how much stuff will cost or where to look.

Discuss.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:29 AM

I think it's a good idea but really it's not a noobs guide its more of a shopping list. Kind of like our turbo shopping list under extreme mods. Basically it's an aftermarket parts list with links.
That would definitley come in handy.

I think if the Mods could start / sticky it and then have members add appropriate parts and then as they come in merge them into the single first post. Eh maybe
Old 06-04-2008, 03:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

we've had it before, part of the problem is keeping it updated(not too hard) and also the fact of whether or not to list vendors when people are having problems with them.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I love the idea! We always tell noobs to 'go search, it's been covered eleventy billion times before'. But with our semi-broken search engine, that's pretty tough... Having a sticky like that would really help, and also prevent all those threads.
I think having vendors on there would be ok, just as long as it's constantly updated.
I'm also thinking sort of a 2-part list, one having pretty simple mods, the other having more advanced things. Or at least sorted from cheapest/soonest to hardest/most expensive. Or something along those lines.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:16 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

like a bolt-on shopping list for guys who just came into a tiburon and an inheritance?
Old 06-04-2008, 08:24 PM

im just throwing it out there..
maybe like a thing that people have 2 read, or just send them something when they sign up highlighting where certain stuff is, have them read and check an "i've read the above" box...or something, similar to how they have to post an intro now. granted people prolly would just check it and move it but at least they couldn't be mad when people suggest reading (not that I've seen people get real upset). I've had to jump through hoops before being able to post on certain forums before, so this may not seem like a hassle to some. i duno.

just thinking out loud.

and also problems w vendors is a good point tibby01. I certainly wouldn't want to recommend a bad vendor to a new person who simply doesn't know their background. it may be a chance to have vendors step-up and hold themselves to a higher bar though.