Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

Spam from this forum to hyundai forums..

Old 02-01-2009, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Hyundai accent
Default Spam from this forum to hyundai forums..

Someone on your forum has been spamming your forum to our members. I'm a moderator on Hyundai-Forums. IF you could try to find out how and ask them to stop please. We don't try to steal your members.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

modpower.gif i will personally look into it and i know floyd and visionz most likely will too...

could you please post a link to one of the posts that the spam is in
Old 02-01-2009, 11:28 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Tiburon

Hmmm well this is not good we are not the kind of forum to do this, so we will get to the bottom of it.
We have some good MOD's and Admin's

Thanks for handling this like an adult, highly appericated
Old 02-02-2009, 05:41 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I signed up over there to say hi and I think I posted a message wishing everyone a Happy Holiday on behalf of Hyundai Aftermarket. I'm sorry if you consider that spam or as if we're trying to your steal your members, but every forum has members that sign up on other sites and they talk about where they came from.

If you're going to consider that spam and block members from coming in from other sites....then you obviously havent been in the Hyundai scene very long and you're no better than NT, which alot of people hate. You'll soon get a reputation that your forum is ran under a nazi-control and people will start leaving under their own.

However, if its someone else who's spamming your boards, then I dont know what to say. Just know that alot of sites all cross link to each other and help each other out. If you're going to stop that from happening, then I feel sorry for your members.

BTW...these are the 2 threads I posted:

http://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5293

http://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5334

Hardly spam as you can see.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I would assume that it's someone else or something...because what Visionz did was not spamming at all...

If it was something else please post it for us to see.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:16 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai F24S

<span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS">Yeah...that's no spam. Josh is one of the few Hyundai Forum admins that is actually social with other forums, it creates a good friendly atmosphere amongst Hyundai sites.

I'm an admin of crookedH.com, and not only do I <u>not</u> care that Josh comes over and posts stuff like that..I encourage it. I'm always happy to see people from other Hyundai sites co-mingling.</span>
Old 02-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Exactly....and it helps us build relationships so that in the future when events happen, it gets more people involved because you're hitting a different demographic than whats on your own site.

Besides, with the way Hyundai Forums is set up, it looks most of their members bounce anyway and the site isnt very sticky. With this site, and others...members become regular contributors and stay.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Sorry, but as a former owner of HP.com, I'm gonna have to agree that your posts on other sites do have a tone of, "come check out our site". I wouldn't call that "spam" though.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:11 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Tiburon

Oh WoW I Agree that is so no spamming