Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

shoutbox handling on android

Old 02-04-2011, 08:18 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default shoutbox handling on android

Rather then simply try to explain the handling, I decided to take this picture

Here is the browser test. From left to right, Windows XP running Internet Explorer. OSX running Safari. Android 2.2 running Internet. Ubuntu running FIrefox

Ok, so what are we seeing here? Well.. I'm not a web designer, but I've done some research as to how this is supposed to work. There are things called iFrames. These iFrames allow entire web pages to exist inside other web pages. Most browsers let you scroll through them as normal, however Android does not. Android's solution to iFrames is to expand them. Usually, this would push the entire page downwards.

This is the only page I have ever seen this happen on. HyundaiAftermarket.org's shoutbox is somehow different then the standard iFrame. The shoutbox is located on a different plane then the rest of the page. and upon expansion, it does not move down, it moves under. The content in the shoutbox is unviewable and any images or content other then text is superimposed and replaced with an image on top of whatever is being displayed.

Because of limitations on the site's header/shoutbox, the shoutbox cannot be expanded out to it's full size and it causes references to content to be displayed on top of content already displayed on-screen.

The solution is to somehow remove the size constraint on the entire shoutbox frame and place the limitation on the shoutbox itself. I am not really sure how to do this, but I could do some research if it is helpful.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

is it possible that the video posts outside of the box because the embedded video is on a different "plane" and that it isn't a problem with the iframe? Is it a flash plugin that enables that to happen? I don't think it does the same with an image posted in the shoutbox
Old 02-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Also, if we start changing hardcode in the website, it could create problems in future software updates.

Like any software, modifying/customizing will hinder the ability to push regular updates.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:31 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

It's likely a setting which prevents expansion of the header upon request.