Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

RD Tiburon is closing/moving -- PLEASE READ!

Old 06-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Thumbs down RD Tiburon is closing/moving -- PLEASE READ!

This was posted on RDT today, and a site wide email went out notifying people about it. This has been in the work for the last few months, and the decision has made now to make the merger. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask here or if you want to take things offline, feel free to PM either Floyd (187sks) or myself.

I would also like to take this time and announce that majiktib will be joining HA as the 3rd administrator. As for the rest of the staff over there....they will be joining the staff here, if they choose too. The discussion with who ever would like to join us here on staff will be taken offline and discussed through personal message.

I know there are members here that dont quite get along with some members from there, but please think of this as a good thing. This forum has always been very laid back, with a VERY mature community. I see no issues between RDT and HA and I would ask that people try to keep an open mind on this. This will be a VERY good thing for the scene in general. Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

What is happening:
Effective July 16th, RDTiburon.com is merging with HyundaiAftermarket.org.
The unanimous opinion of the RDTiburon.com staff is that this is a Good Thing for the online Hyundai tuning community. This will be as seamless a transition as possible, and your user experience at HyundaiAftermarket.org will be largely the same as it has been at RDTiburon.com. The members and most of the staff from RDTiburon.com will retain their current status; we'll just be adding ourselves on to the HyundaiAftermarket.org community that already exists. Many of you are already part of both websites, and there will be no noticeable change at all for those members.

All RDTiburon.com threads and user profiles will be moved. The information we have worked to accumulate here together will not be lost.

Why is this happening?

It seems inevitable that a model-specific car forum targeting a car that is 9-15 years old will not last forever. We want to maintain the wealth of knowledge we have in our forum and ensure that it continues to grow, and that we can continue to educate each other.
RDTiburon.com has been shrinking, as long-time members have noticed already. We have much less traffic here than we used to.
Activity at HyundaiAftermarket.com has continued to increase (see statistics below).

Why such a sudden change?
This has been in the planning stages for weeks, and it has been discussed for years. The only thing sudden about this will be the changeover, which will happen July 16th.
The timing of the change was chosen to coincide with the end of the Car of the Month competition. The winner this month will have the distinction of being the Last-Ever RDTiburon.com Car of the Month.

What we ask of you:

Continue to contribute to the online Hyundai tuning community. We are not going away, we are merging with another site, www.HyundaiAftermarket.org. With the convergence of minds into one location we will be able to become a stronger community.
Have patience. We will be completing the transition over a weekend, and both sites will be down temporarily. This should hopefully take only a few hours. After completion of the merger, all RDTiburon.com threads will be locked and archived, available for searching and reminiscing.
Be respectful. We will be newcomers to HyundaiAftermarket.org. Consider the reverse scenario of RDTiburon.com taking on another forum: we would be welcoming and encouraging to the new members. It is expected that the HyundaiAftermarket.org members will be welcoming and encouraging to all of us. We are all going to be peers and equals with the existing members at HyundaiAftermaket.org. The site staff will be keeping an eye out, because we will want to squash any turf wars that may arise. Don't act like you run the place.

Staff and Forum Environment:
We are aware that a few RDTiburon.com members do not care for some of the site staff. In the past, we have been more strict than some members would like. At the time, it was required to keep the peace and to prevent a very few bad apples from tearing the community apart. The problems that happened here, did not happen at HyundaiAftermarket.org. That being said, Visionz (who runs HyundaiAftermarket.org) has generously offered to take on some of the RDTiburon.com staff after the transition. HOWEVER, we will do our best to conform to the HyundaiAftermarket.org atmosphere, attitude, and way of doing things. The "laid back" approach at HyundaiAftermarket.org has been conducive to a larger number of threads, while keeping discussions on a mature level. When the RD was a new car platform, it was targeted towards a younger driver, and we had to be a little more on top of things to maintain order on this forum. Now that most of us have grown up, we can all be mature and handle ourselves appropriately without site staff waving the "ban" stick over our heads.

For those who doubt the difference in activity level, below are some statistics from HyundaiAfermarket.org. They exceed the stats from RDTiburon.com by a fairly wide margin. With the combination of our two forums, we will be creating a single forum more active than either one separately.

- Over 1,000 registered members online per day (plus anonymous guests)
- 20 - 40 new THREADS created per day
- 150 - 200 new POSTS per day
- 40 - 50 members online at any given time
- On average 12,000 UNIQUE visitors on a monthly basis
- On average 5 - 10 new registered members per day

If you are registered under a different username at HyundaiAftermarket.org, please contact one of the RDTiburon.com site staff as soon as possible to make the merger go more smoothly. If you are not currently registered at HyundaiAftermarket.org, PLEASE DO NOT register there. You will be registered automatically when the merger is complete. Thank you all in advance for your patience and understanding during what we hope will be a painless transition.

We are not going away. We are getting bigger.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Accent

good. like.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

better roll out the welcome mat!

I think this will be great for everyone involved. I've been looking around the showroom, lots of nice cars! All the elantra pics remind me of days when the elantra guys hung around RD. I wanted to get one for a while but my wife wanted an SUV instead and I wasn't getting rid of the tib!
Old 06-26-2010, 08:10 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I think this is great news, and only good things can come from this. This is something that should have happened years ago! Glad to see some special friends, some from the beginning. Sincere welcome to everyone.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:25 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

We will welcome everyone, and be glad to have them.

We hope everyone will come to love this place as much as we do.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Definite welcome.gif's for everyone!
Old 06-27-2010, 10:37 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

i like waffles
Old 06-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Could someone post the OP on NT so they know whats going on? Ive already posted on CH and EXD letting them know as well.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:40 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sure.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:51 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthrea...939#post3476939