Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

New stuff

Old 08-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Thumbs down New stuff

Site Polls
Decided to incorporate a new poll on the home page of the website. The old poll I had was some freebie one from some other site. This new one actually uses the HA database to hold the results and users can only vote once (unless they delete their cookies), to keep it fair. I'll probably create new polls now and then, and keep an archive of them that will be linked on the home page, so people can still vote and see results from time to time.

Video Upload
This is actually something I've been working on for awhile, but I wanted to get your guys' feelings on it first. Would it be cool and beneficial to the site, to have a video uploader and have people submit any vids and comment on them? Think of it being like the Youtube for Hyundai's! laugh.gif I know no other Hyundai site has this, and wondering if it will be fun, or really not worth the time to finish it since no one would upload anything. As you all know, there's a video upload on the forum, where you can upload your own vids to your forum profile. Would it be better to just use that, or use the new uploader thats in development for the main site?

Let me know your guys' thoughts and feelings on both features. smile.gif Thanks.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Sounds like you've been busy. Think the video thing sounds like a lot of work for too little use, but you should wait for some more feedback. I'm slightly biased since I don't shoot a lot of video.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

As the opposite view from bdiggy's on this one I shoot tons of videos so I would upload quite a bit of stuff. The average user might not use it very often though and it'll surely use a lot of resources.

Polls (or other often updated content) are a good way to keep people cycling through the main site instead of only linking the forum.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Hmmm....so Im still unsure if it will be something good or not. *lol* What about adding the feature where you can link to other vid's on the net somewhere? Not just upload your own?
Old 08-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

That sounds easier on you. Just have a spot to link to Youtube videos and have them show up in a gallery or something.