Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

May I Venture A Suggestion?

Old 07-24-2009, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys should really learn to read.

I would like to site a few things from this thread.

tanc:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Next time state CLEARLY that money talks and first person that pays gets them, if not, you won't be selling much here anymore.</div> Forget how to read?

majiktib:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>You kept saying original post. I read it several times and never saw it. It is, as you've now stated, in the 3rd post. I missed it as well as everyone else.</div> Forget how to read?

In response, Dan:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><u>As always first one to pay gets the items.</u> I've had way too many people back out or release their dibs after I've turned away other potential buyers.
I will consider an item 'pending' if someone wants to pay via money order.</div>

and then...

red zman:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>1. All of your items are not NEW IN BOX as you say.</div>

red zman, can you quote where he says that? He says they are in the original box, but not "NEW IN BOX."

I won't touch the rest of the ignorance in that thread from most of you members. One thing that does confuse me is why it is such a big deal for you mods and admins when, fury, the guy who SUPPOSEDLY got screwed(?) had this to say:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>But no big deal. You got your objective: you sold it. Case closed for me. I'm not one to start anything in the forums. I've never argued, and have only acted with the best of moods and respect to everyone here in this forum (which I'm addicted and love to death cool.gif , so it's not now that I'm gonna change my attitude for 2 pullies. No worries. Carry on with your sale. Consider this one last free bump wink1.gif</div>

That is all. I wouldn't normally waste my time if I didn't think you screwed over a great man and a great friend of mine. I know very few people that I can trust to tell me the truth no matter the circumstances. I'm sorry none of you had the chance to meet Dan. smile.gif

btw, red zman, you are a prick. 09.gif
Old 07-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

you dumbass. You quoted and proved my point. Maybe you should read what you quoted me as saying?

Below is your post.....
<span style="color:blue">
---------------------------------------------------------
majiktib:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>You kept saying original post. I read it several times and never saw it. It is, as you've now stated, in the 3rd post. I missed it as well as everyone else.</div> Forget how to read?

In response, Dan:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><u>As always first one to pay gets the items.</u> I've had way too many people back out or release their dibs after I've turned away other potential buyers.
I will consider an item 'pending' if someone wants to pay via money order.</div>
</span>
The quote you have for Dan is from his 3rd post, not his original post as he stated. I'm not wasting time with this tonight. This thread is clearly directed at the staff, thus it will be closed so that only staff may reply.

Maybe the problem grew from his comments after the fact. "its not my fault you took so long to send the payment" - we disagreed with this statement, as it was sold to someone else WITHIN THE SAME DAY. And, if you really want to challenge the staff, go right ahead.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (daniel_depetro @ Jul 22 2009, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry you feel so strongly against me. Delete my account if that is what you feel is the right thing to do.</div>

We care about our members and try to protect the buyers. The Hyundai community has a long history of people AND COMPANIES screwing us, sometimes even group buy turbo kits for thousands of dollars (search CNK). We try to protect our members and want them treated fairly.

I appreciate you taking the time to support your friend and post on our forums. Move along now.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:08 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

I'd like to open this back up, he has an opinion and I'd like the rest to be able to post.

Beerman,

Welcome to the site. I understand your friends with Dan, and I have no problem with him. "CLEARLY" as you have me quotes means have it in your first post in your FS thread, even bolded if you have too. He had it in his 3rd post, which some people miss. Everyone reads the first post tho.

I dont have a problem with who pays first gets it, but after the guy stated that he will buy the items, at least give the guy a chance to buy the product. If someone else says, I will PP, then check with the first guy and see if he will pay now, or take the next guys money. The guy posted, and went to sleep. The next day he would of payed had he had a chance too.

Regardless, the situation wasn't handled correctly by Dan, which upset some members and some staff. New FS rules will be coming out shortly so we don't see this kind of action happen before.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:49 AM

Thanks John, I appreciate the support! salute.gif

To everyone: I apologize for the very long post...

Yes Tanc, it was posted in my second post (the third post in the thread). I can not edit my first post to put it in there, like I want to! I guess the point is mute now anyways.
I guess as a suggestion why not have the posts able to be edited for an indefinite time frame?
Especially for sale threads, that would cut down on the "is this item still for sale" questions in the big for sale threads.
As things sell the seller could just keep editing the original post and messes like this could be avoided.

After REDZMAN closed my other threads and I made the compilation for sale thread I forgot to add that into the first post.
after the first other person posted (post #2) I realized I had done that so I tried to edit the first post (which can't be done after ~10 minutes) so I had to put it in post #3.

After REDZMAN sent me a PM about posting everything for sale in it's own thread I told him the big threads are hard to keep clutter free and it's hard for the buyer to know what is still available (because for some reason people can't read threads in their entirety?). I told him this is why I posted everything separately in the first place. As a seller it gets old answering the same questions over and over because people don't read or pay attention to the details.
Not wanting to go against any rules I did as he asked and put everything into one combined thread in the f/s section.

Onto the situation that involves fury.
In post #14 he states he wants the pulleys (12:04am; midnight).
Post #15 is me saying I’m awaiting the $110.00 (shipped) payment (8:44am; almost 9 hours later and the next morning).
Post #17 clearly stating that he hasn’t sent payment yet so they are still for sale. (4:19pm; 16 hours AFTER fury stated he wanted the pulleys)
Post #18 Revotib states he sent payment. This was at 6:24pm (18 hours & 20 minutes AFTER fury said hed take the pulleys.
I have nothing against fury but he had 18 & 20 minutes to send the payment and never did. I figured he just couldn’t come up with the money or something else happened.
Thast should be plenty of time to make it happen if you want something badly enough.

In post #12 GFTiburon said hed take the black housing Euro tails the same way that fury did. He finally sent Paypal payment for them last night. No offense to GFTiburon and I appreciate the sale, however if someone else paid for the item they would have got it. I sure most others would do the same, whether they admit it in here or not.

I don't feel I should be obligated to give the buyer a 24 hour courtesy period.
The first few lines of the thread is my CONTACT INFORMATION!!
I clearly posted my e-mail address AND my phone number in case stuff like this comes up. CALL ME!!!
If someone couldn't get online or to a computer to send payment or a message to a seller for another XX hours, why would nthey not take my phone number down and call me.
In fact I prefer to talk to buyers (& sellers) on the phone anyways. It makes everyone more comfortable.
If I was such a shady prick of a seller I wouldn't be plastering my real name all over every forum I am registered on (~30+) including my eBay/Paypal/e-mail.

I have been dealing with another member on here for an RD Tiburon AOS cold air intake I have. I bought it off him and since then he has wanted to buy it back. I offered to sell it to him about a week ago and he said hed take it. I paid $41.00 shipped for it from him. I told him I’ll take $30.00+ shipping for it and he thought I was trying to rip him off! He accused me of trying to make money on the intake. I am no rocket scientist, however if I am into the intake for $41.00 and I sell it for $30.00+ actual shipping only how am I making anything? Seems to me I’d be taking an $11.00 loss.
He finally agrees and says he wants and asks me to hold if for him until he gets paid on Friday. I told him I would and would not post it for sale. Friday (yesterday) afternoon came and I got a message saying he is releasing his dibs because his car is still broken down and once fixed he is selling it so he has no use for this intake anymore.
This just solidifies my point that I should have posted it for sale and sold it to someone who had the cash in hand.

As far as me being Mr. Musclenuts, what is up with that?
I have always been into muscle cars and have owned one (or more) of them for the since 1997.
I love them so what.
I have always owned a sport compact as well. Who cares.
I owned several sport bikes as well. Big deal.
Does this make me Mr. Ricetesticals & Mr. Crotchrocketballs too?

I like the muscle cars for their all out cool factor. When was the last time you saw a cool muscle car being daily driven?
They are crazy powerful in stock form and get thumbs up from everyone. You just can't do that to a sport compact reasonably.

I like the sport compacts for their lightweight and awesome handling. The fact that they can get 35 MPGs doesn't hurt either.

Of course the sport bikes were all about raw power with good handling thrown into the mix.

Then there was REDZMANs comment:
“I've never presumed to know who you are, I've just seen your "BUY IT ALL NOW" attitude, and as soon as you couldn't use your credit card to put more power on your car in a few minutes, you sell everything off.â€Â

Normally these things dont bother me, but the fact that he is so ignorant with this statement it offends me.
I work very hard to own what I own and have bought/sold/parted out/fixed up/scoured eBay/salvage yards/and friends garages to be able to find what I need/want and make it all happen.
I dont even own a credit card and never will. In fact I do not have any loans either. I operate with a cash capitol. Im not bragging, because it is not much. However everything I own (and have owned/will own) will always be mine bought with cash and paid for in full with one payment. If I find something I want to buy, guess what has to happen? I have to sell something else.
Thankfully I've been blessed in several ways. My family being the biggest/best blessing. I have a very, VERY understanding wife & 7-year old son who support/deal with me being in the garage for 10-18 hours on most days, and spending my last pennies now and then to get the "deal of a lifetime".
Also with my father who does the same thing and has a shop for us to work in and shares/helps his massive expanse of knowledge with me.
I'm finally at a point now where I no longer have to sell one thing to buy another. Watching my father operate with cash and be able to get EVERYTHING cheaper than anyone else really sunk in. I have been cash only forever and the fruits of that labor are paying off. I am not bragging, I just don't think it is fair that I get labeled as a person who just buys what he wants on a whim with money I don't have (credit cards).
This could not be further from the truth.

We have owned our silver 2000 Tiburon since very early 2003. Does not sound like this jives well with that statement either.
The reason for my large sell offs was because last fall I sold my red 2000 Tiburon and about two week ago my wife totaled her silver Tiburon. It has nothing to do with not being able to get enough power out of it. They were just fun to drive cheap daily cruisers that got fantastic mileage. Her silver Tiburon was an automatic and got an honest 34 MPGs highway. My red 5-speed Tibby got even better. I was never out to build some type of street terror Tiburon. That is what I have my big cubic inch muscle cars & bikes for.

Then there are all the 'you are not liked here and will not be missed' talk.
I'm not sure where all this hatred towards me came from. Sounds like 'everyone' has had this feeling for a while.
People griped about me only coming on RDT to buy/sell something.
I do not feel comfortable here because of all the hostility. Why would I want to hang out here where apparently 'nobody has ever liked me'?

I just think this is all quite silly because a buyer couldn't send a payment before somone else even though he had 18 hours and 20 minutes to do so (instead of some type of implied 24 hour grace period).
Old 07-25-2009, 09:34 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

I'm going to be honest. I didn't bother reading your post because of how long it was lol.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:42 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majikTib @ Jul 25 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>you dumbass. You quoted and proved my point. Maybe you should read what you quoted me as saying?

Below is your post.....
<span style="color:blue">
majiktib:
Forget how to read?

In response, Dan:

</span>
The quote you have for Dan is from his 3rd post, not his original post as he stated. I'm not wasting time with this tonight. This thread is clearly directed at the staff, thus it will be closed so that only staff may reply.

Maybe the problem grew from his comments after the fact. "its not my fault you took so long to send the payment" - we disagreed with this statement, as it was sold to someone else WITHIN THE SAME DAY. And, if you really want to challenge the staff, go right ahead.

We care about our members and try to protect the buyers. The Hyundai community has a long history of people AND COMPANIES screwing us, sometimes even group buy turbo kits for thousands of dollars (search CNK). We try to protect our members and want them treated fairly.

I appreciate you taking the time to support your friend and post on our forums. Move along now.</div>

yeah, yeah. You got me on that one, but if you're really interested in buying something from a seller, wouldn't you read all of his posts in that particular thread?? Makes sense to me...and I'll let the name calling go.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tanc @ Jul 25 2009, 03:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'd like to open this back up, he has an opinion and I'd like the rest to be able to post.

Beerman,

Welcome to the site. I understand your friends with Dan, and I have no problem with him. "CLEARLY" as you have me quotes means have it in your first post in your FS thread, even bolded if you have too. He had it in his 3rd post, which some people miss. Everyone reads the first post tho.

I dont have a problem with who pays first gets it, but after the guy stated that he will buy the items, at least give the guy a chance to buy the product. If someone else says, I will PP, then check with the first guy and see if he will pay now, or take the next guys money. The guy posted, and went to sleep. The next day he would of payed had he had a chance too.

Regardless, the situation wasn't handled correctly by Dan, which upset some members and some staff. New FS rules will be coming out shortly so we don't see this kind of action happen before.</div>

Thanks for the welcome! smile.gif I know about the quote situation, read my comment above your quote. I realized that last night, and when I went to edit my post, the thread was already locked and I couldn't edit my post...

The guy had 18 hours to buy it! How is that not enough time?

Regardless of all this b.s. the situation wasn't handled correctly by the admins. One admin in particular. I'm an admin on a couple forums, and I've learned that calling someone names on one of your own forums is not good practice. It's not really good practice anywhere, but we all talk/type before we think sometimes. IMO admin's should be held to a higher standard than the average member, and red zman certainly isn't.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dddude55 @ Jul 25 2009, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm going to be honest. I didn't bother reading your post because of how long it was lol.</div>

so, why are you posting? Just to pad your post-count or do you just like feeling involved?
Old 07-25-2009, 10:19 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

He's a staff member, he can post anywhere he wants, when he wants.

if we need your help moderating the forums, we'll ask.

People work, give them the time they need and is reasonable to buy their product as they promised they would.

Being a dick is an option too.

I'm closing this, read the site rules about arguing with the staff and starting threads like this.

After reading your intro thread, I see you are here for one reason, and that is to protect your buddy Dan. It is not needed, or welcome here. This site doesn't look fondly on trolls or rabble rousers. Dan may be your friend, but he pulled a dick move. If he wants to sell his stuff he can put it on ebay and get it sold the way he wants. He can post the ebay links here as I told him.

You say we can't read. YOU can't read. Go read what Dan was told in that thread. Any further threads about this issue will be deleted and the poster will be warned.

Oh, and last note, you are right, I am not held to a higher standard than anyone here.

Go look up the word standard. As I was taught in the Army, there is the standard, and that's it. I'm human like all/most of the members here. I look out for our members, and have a pretty good memory of who has done what here, and their general attitude. I'm obviously not the only one who sees Dan as a dick.

I WILL call folks out in public here, as someone needs to go get them. If the staff on your site doesn't rabidly/avidly look out for the members of their site, and attack like a bulldog when something is wrong or their members are getting screwed, they aren't much of a staff.

Dan, don't bring any more of your friends/family/neighbors over here to b**** for you.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Administrator

One last statement - in my opinion.

Dan's thread and actions didn't seem to contain the normal etiquette that our for sale forums have experienced over the last 6 years. This may have contributed to most of the disagreement on my part. When things are done a certain way, for a long period of time, it sets a standard that most people abide by.

By my use of standard, I wiykd apply either of these definition:
1. An acknowledged measure of comparison for quantitative or qualitative value; a criterion.
2. Something, such as a practice or a product, that is widely recognized or employed, especially because of its excellence.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:36 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

I think this may be going a bit too far, and some personal feelings are entered into the arguments here.

I'll come out and disagree with some opinions that redz has, as we are all different. The staff here isn't a collective soul of single thoughts. We all have our own opinions. Regarding this issue, I don't agree with all of redz points, but I do agree on some.

Regardless, I do think the situation could of been handled a bit better, but I understand that you live and learn from mistakes. Being the case, we might have to make some changes to our FS rules in order to better please the whole community on here.

Dan, from my experiences, I think your a nice guy, and I have no problem with you but I do think that the issue could of been handled a bit different. We are all humans, and you can only look back and say.."hey I could of done that better", but it happened and we learned from it.

Even tho this topic is locked so that people who weren't involved don't turn it into a shit storm, I encourage the people that were involved to PM me with anything they'd like me to post for them. That includes you Dan.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tanc @ Jul 25 2009, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think this may be going a bit too far, and some personal feelings are entered into the arguments here.

I'll come out and disagree with some opinions that redz has, as we are all different. The staff here isn't a collective soul of single thoughts. We all have our own opinions. Regarding this issue, I don't agree with all of redz points, but I do agree on some.

Regardless, I do think the situation could of been handled a bit better, but I understand that you live and learn from mistakes. Being the case, we might have to make some changes to our FS rules in order to better please the whole community on here.

Dan, from my experiences, I think your a nice guy, and I have no problem with you but I do think that the issue could of been handled a bit different. We are all humans, and you can only look back and say.."hey I could of done that better", but it happened and we learned from it.

Even tho this topic is locked so that people who weren't involved don't turn it into a shit storm, I encourage the people that weren't involved to PM me with anything they'd like me to post for them. That includes you Dan.</div>
Agree with Tanc. If you need something posted in this thread, PM me and it'll be added.