Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

Logging In Every Time?

Old 06-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

The site isn't remembering me. I guess the cookies are clearing out too fast, but it's really weird.

I was logged in - I went to issue a warning, and during the documentation process it logged me out and wouldn't process the warning! I understand if the browser session ended, or if I closed IE, but I was still in the same page. Not sure if it's my office network or system configuration, or a site thing.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:30 PM

So far today I have experieced no problems. I've come to rdt.com multiple times from work and home today and haven't had to log in any of those times. I'll check again once I get home in a bit, but this would leave me to believe it may be something on your end. I don't think any settings in RDT itself could have changed, except maybe a "remeber me" type check box thing getting unchecked.

I'm no computer whiz either.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

What browser are you using? The new Mozilla?
Old 06-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

IE6 at the time I posted (from work). I'm home now, and IE7 seems to be fine, and Firefox 3 requested a login the first time I came here and hasn't since.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:02 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I've had some problems with it remembering me also, and it keeps saying I have 1 message, and the "My Assistant" thing pops up, but says no messages. That and it keeps on reappearing a message that I have deleted probablly 10 times now.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:39 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

thanks for hexing me Majik. it started to not remember me about a week ago and hasnt stopped since. its like a time delay also. if you are on RDT for awhile but do not post, the server kicks you out and you have to log on again. also have to login again when you close the browser for a sufficient amount of time.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:43 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Most of the issues with this were taken care of my setting up the site to always forward to www otherwise the browser thought it was two seperate sites.

Anyways all I can tell you from this end is to clear the cache and try again. I'm not having any problems with it in firefox 3.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:07 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

i dont use firefox cause Ive never had a problem with I.E. until this week. and when i've tried to use other browsers, ive had nothing but problems. not with this site, just in general but that was along time ago.

i just try to keep my desktop as simple as possible if you know what i mean. i've got firefox at work and truthfully dont care to use it, but i guess i am ole school.